Thread: Hilarious 9/11 "conspiracy" video.

Dead

United States

Hilarious 9/11 "conspiracy" video.

krisvds oughtta love this!!

Last edited by babomb; 12-Aug-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: ..

Undisclosed
    War IS Peace
    Freedom IS Slavery
    Ignorance IS Strength

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dead

United States
    I "LOL'd" too! Just for obviously different reasons...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I "LOL'd" too! Just for obviously different reasons...
    I did find things to love about that video. As a fantastic example of how flawed and full of holes the whole conspiracy theory is.
    Thanks.

Super Moderator

United States
    So this is a true win-win scenario, because everyone who watches this thinks it's unintentionally funny, no matter what they believe.

Excellent!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I did find things to love about that video. As a fantastic example of how flawed and full of holes the whole conspiracy theory is.
    Thanks.
    The odd thing about conspiracy theories is that anytime you say the words "conspiracy theory" people will dismiss it without further scrutiny because they don't want to be considered "conspiracy theorists". The shit part of that is that you can make people disbelieve anything just by calling it a conspiracy and putting out a little disinformation.
    But the bottom line is that there's enough questionable information surrounding the 9/11 attacks to justify the distrust.
    Like the fact that Bush and Cheney refused to testify before the 9/11 commission unless they were allowed to appear together, not be under oath and off the record, and behind closed doors? Why would those be the conditions?

I understand that "suspicion proves nothing". But we're just regular citizens trying to make sense of something, trying to figure out the truth behind things. We aren't lawyers arguing the legalities of what constitutes proof. Our ideas don't have to be admissible in court for us to have them or believe them.
    I don't have proof that 9/11 was a conspiracy, but I never claimed that I did or that there even was evidence to prove anything like that.
    But when it comes down to it, neither of us has any more information than has been released. So I wonder why it is that you seem so sure that the official story is on the level?
    I know you've provided links to other sites in another thread relating to your position.
    But maybe it would help clear things up if you explained in your own words what your prevailing theory on it is. I'm not asking you to give sources or to prove the validity of your beliefs.
    Just wondering what it is that makes you so sure that the official story is true, and that anything other than that is a "ridiculous conspiracy theory with no basis in reality"?

Because they keep coming out with documents and studies to support the claim that the towers were brought down by controlled demolition.
    Like this document-
    http://ae911truth.org/en/news-sectio...airplanes.html
    Of course I realize that the existence of this document doesn't prove anything in and of itself. But what I'm trying to figure out is why are the sites and documents YOU provide more trustworthy and logical? If there's documents and studies being done on both sides of the argument, what makes 1 side more credible? Just the fact that 1 side isn't saying the word "conspiracy"? What does that prove?
    Last edited by babomb; 21-Aug-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: ..

Undisclosed
    Well, I could try to point out the basic difference in how science works in sharp contrast to pseudo science, and maybe sometime I will, but just not now...
    You see, as a philosophical and scientific case study the 9/11 disaster is a very good casus to do so but
    1/ my mother tongue isn't English, I was raised in Dutch with French being my second language so in order to write a serious answer to your question it would take me a long time to formulate my thoughts and be 'exact' in English.
    2/ I'm just back from taking my family to sunny Spain and am still a bit tired. Travelling with a four and a three year old can be stressful
    3/ Would it really matter? The point is that every time a report is published (not just a theory, but a study containing proof that stand the test of critical scrutiny by scientific peers) that points out the mistakes in some of the more outlandish theories it becomes part of the big bad conspiracy and, in itself, proof to the belief that there must be a hidden truth etc ...
    Compare it to the thousands of crop circles that were hoaxes and not proof of alien lifeforms and such ... It didn't stop the believers believing because perhaps one of those circles might actually be the real thing. It's a pointless exercise.
    Last edited by krisvds; 22-Aug-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love that one. The guy who came up with that is a friggin' genius.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    3/ Would it really matter? The point is that every time a report is published (not just a theory, but a study containing proof that stand the test of critical scrutiny by scientific peers) that points out the mistakes in some of the more outlandish theories it becomes part of the big bad conspiracy and, in itself, proof to the belief that there must be a hidden truth etc ...
    Compare it to the thousands of crop circles that were hoaxes and not proof of alien lifeforms and such ... It didn't stop the believers believing because perhaps one of those circles might actually be the real thing. It's a pointless exercise.
    Well, that's probably due mainly to how much secrecy is in place surrounding the whole thing. When you have the president himself AND the vice president refuse to testify on it unless they can do so off the record, in private, together, and not under oath, it throws up some red flags. There aren't any scientific studies that can shed any light on something like that.
    And if you think that your government can pull off such a well coordinated event like that in the 1st place, it's not much of a stretch at all to think that some independent experts on the topic could have been influenced in some way.
    You have to examine all aspects of it. Including the independent experts, their political affiliations, any possible motives they might have to want to debunk the conspiracy and so on. If you aren't willing to scrutinize every aspect of it to the fullest extent then why even question it at all?
    Both sides of the coin here have independent experts doing studies that stand the test of scrutiny by scientific peers.
    I've debated this subject with many types of people before. And been surprised many times by people that I would've assumed would believe in the conspiracy theory, but didn't. And for varying reasons. Very few of those reasons included evidence to support the idea that the conspiracy is a myth.
    Many times the reasons were that the people I was discussing it with weren't prepared to accept the idea that our own government would ever do such a thing. Because admittedly for them, that would make day to day life here more difficult. Others were more hostile toward the idea, and their reason for that had nothing to do with science or facts, but had everything to do with the fact that they supported the Bush admin. They voted for him. So for me to say that the Bush admin orchestrated this attack was viewed as an attack on their personal political belief structure and affiliation. But in their defense, these are people who still think the president actually runs the country, so something like this is way outside of their understanding.
    The power structure of the USGOV has changed significantly, and they can't quite grasp it.

-- -------- Post added 27-Aug-2012 at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-Aug-2012 at 08:09 PM ----------

something else to consider.

Undisclosed
    Those that insist that the U.S. government are incapable of resorting to false flags and kill it's own citizens to initiate war are naive.

OPERATION NORTHWOODS

U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.

America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

The plans had the written approval of all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and were presented to President Kennedy's defense secretary, Robert McNamara, in March 1962. But they apparently were rejected by the civilian leadership and have gone undisclosed for nearly 40 years.

United States

I need a little more milk....please

Super Moderator

United States
    Super cute pic, but I'm going to actually bolt this thread down and close it up, as it seems to have had its run and I don't want it to end up being used to bait members who are for or against conspiracy theories relating to 9/11.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Super cute pic, but I'm going to actually bolt this thread down and close it up, as it seems to have had its run and I don't want it to end up being used to bait members who are for or against conspiracy theories relating to 9/11.
    I agree! However, if people do have anymore pictures of young girls in baths covered in breakfast cereal, please feel free to email them to me - Just for research purposes of course!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan