Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Scott commits suicide?

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I suppose it's the force of hitting the water...if you jump off something that high, it's highly likely it'll kill you as it's akin to hitting a wall in a way.
    When jumping from such a height, even if the impact didn't kill you straight away, it would surely smash your bones to pieces. So, if your not dead from massive physical trauma, you'll surely drown.

Have to agree with the incredulity at people jumping off of a bridge as a method of suicide in the States. You can buy a gun for a few dollars and blow your brains out, quick and painless and without the horror of that awful drop.

Why anyone would choose to jump off of a bridge is beyond me.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Less of a mess than shooting yourself, I'd imagine. Maybe he didn't want his family to find him with his head blown apart?

As MZ mentioned, the witness reports say that he climbed the fence and immediately jumped. Not a single second of hesitation. I find that to be a bit strange. He definitely had his mind set on doing the job...
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Aug-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Look the post of mine you replied too
    Our posts were 1 minute apart. You replied as I was finishing off posting my post, so I didn't spot that until half an hour later when I skimmed back to HPOTD temporarily.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Our posts were 1 minute apart. You replied as I was finishing off posting my post, so I didn't spot that until half an hour later when I skimmed back to HPOTD temporarily.
    I let you off, just this once mind!

-- -------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Less of a mess than shooting yourself, I'd imagine. Maybe he didn't want his family to find him with his head blown apart?

As MZ mentioned, the witness reports say that he climbed the fence and immediately jumped. Not a single second of hesitation. I find that to be a bit strange. He definitely had his mind set on doing the job...
    Question is, what put him in that mind set? If he wasn't terminally ill, what was it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Question is, what put him in that mind set? If he wasn't terminally ill, what was it?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They released the autopsy reports. Of course he died from multiple blunt force injuries. In his system was a sleep aid and antidepressant(seems like EVERYONE is on those things these days). No mention of cancer at all.

Looks like Scott was just depressed. No other known cause.