View Poll Results: Did you like the Day of the Dead remake?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3 15.79%
  • No!

16 84.21%

Thread: Day of the Dead Remake...

United States

Day of the Dead Remake...

Is there anyone who actually LIKED the Day of the Dead remake? I consider it possibly one of the worst zombie movies ever. More so because I absolutely adore the original Day of the Dead. I consider Day to be the GREATEST zombie film ever so to even try and remake this gem is a failure in its own right...thoughts?

- Ray of the Dead
    Buy Romero original Romero stuff from me!
    http://photobucket.com/romeroitems4sale

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes. Only because it's so painfully bad it's fun. I'm a sucker for bad movies and Day08 is a perfect candidate for a MST3K revival.

Anyway....yeah, the movie is awful. I've only enjoyed it because it's so unintentionally funny.

United States
    Watch Contagium, then Day 08.

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Being Attacked

Aaland
    I really like the remake and storyline When a small Colorado town is overrun by the flesh hungry dead a small group of survivors try to escape in a last ditch effort to stay alive

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I just can't state how much this film sucks

UK
    best bit of this movie was when i turned it off!!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States
    Watching the 2008 Day remake made me wonder, do film producers actually realize when they're making a complete crap of a movie? Do the actors suddenly stop at some point during filming wondering if they're in a bad movie like a squirrel pauses when eating a nut? Why the hell waste money making something the producer HAS TO KNOW is bad when he can just put in a bit more time and effort to make it awesome?
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    I'm going to vote "yes" just because it kept my interest till the end.

I have no idea why they called it "Day of the Dead" but what can 'ya do. They probably should have called it "House of the Dead 3", maybe then it would be known only as a substandard z-movie as opposed to a slap in the fact of the Romero classic.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    Watching the 2008 Day remake made me wonder, do film producers actually realize when they're making a complete crap of a movie? Do the actors suddenly stop at some point during filming wondering if they're in a bad movie like a squirrel pauses when eating a nut? Why the hell waste money making something the producer HAS TO KNOW is bad when he can just put in a bit more time and effort to make it awesome?
    The exact same question I've asked about The Asylum on a film by film basis!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I have to say yes. Granted, it's not much to write home about but at least I was able to watch it to the end. I have seen so much worse.