Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    It is just a flash-in-the-pan top ticket selling movie. After it fizzes out, The Hobbit or another movie will take number one.
    Yep. Don't forget, The Hobbit & Django have been out for a while now. This is opening weekend of Texas Saw. Probably everyone who wanted to see it DID. I'm expecting a huge drop off next weekend, a la the "F13th" remake.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 08-Jan-2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: The Saw Is Family

Administrator

England
    Next one already in the works - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anoth...rks-35004.html

Millennium Films has already begun work on a sequel to Texas Chainsaw 3D, which, for some mysterious and completely illogical reason, is now being referred to as Texas Chainsaw 4. Carl Mazzocone, Mark Burg, Avi Lerner, Tobe Hooper, Trevor Short, John Thompson, Danny Dimbort, Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell are all set to produce the next film and are planning to get production going later this year down in Louisiana. While John Luessenhop directed the most recent installment of the franchise, the site makes no mention regarding whether or not he will return to direct the sequel.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Total Film gave this flick 1/5 - another awful review for this dreck.

I also read on total film that they're planning a seven film series. ... I hope that's an error, or the writer mis-reading something, or just a rumour ... because if that's true, then geez, the creators are bigger bastards than we thought.

I still can't get over the fact that a baby born 39 years before the events of the main part of the movie grew up to be in her twenties ... I just can't fathom why that was ever put on the page in the first place, nevermind left on the page for the entire duration of making the movie!

United States
    Not going to lie, I came into this with very low expectations. Maybe it helped, but it turned out to be a pretty good movie. I saw Nicotero's name in there on the FX. Not sure if I was just baked, but I swear I saw Kirkman's name in there, too, as a producer? I could be, and probably am, wrong, but I thought I saw it. Anyhoo...
    I have only ever liked TCM 2 and 3. Leatherface is on my list higher than Michael Myers, but not by much. I've just never been a big fan, and they've never really done much with him in my book.
    I'd be down for more of these for the gore alone. Alot of awesomeness, heads caved in, people sawed in half...
    So much goodness going on. I recommend it. As far as the backstory, I don't really give a rat's ass if it all matches up agewise with the girl.
    More, please.