Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dead 2 (film) - Moving forward

Undisclosed

The Dead 2 (film) - Moving forward

As much as i'm looking forward to the next TWD season this really made my day.
    The first one was, to me, the best zombie film since Day ...

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-the-s...oving-forward/

A teaser trailer is a few pages down!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I ordered the original off of Amazon three weeks ago, but they messed up my order and the package hasn't arrived yet. It's now one week past it's estimated delivery date... I'm getting a bit pissed.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hell. Yes.

If they can keep the quality of the first film, but improve with a better narrative structure that follows through, it could be incredible. No need to dress it up too much, just stick to the basics. Fingers crossed that it happens and they don't f*ck it up.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    wow thats a awful Ned..I bought my Dead 2 at wally world over the weekend..a hefty $30 but I figure worth it defo! Sorry, yours hasn't got to you yet. I orded 2 movies and the tracker says they are on their way here..( The Dead and The Terror Experiment) I paid $2.77 and $2.49 so if they are stinkers then I am not out of much money. lol
    Anyhoo...I can't wait for TWD to be back on. They have done so much with the characters it's hard to tell what will happen next! I can't wait to see!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Hell. Yes.

If they can keep the quality of the first film, but improve with a better narrative structure that follows through, it could be incredible. No need to dress it up too much, just stick to the basics. Fingers crossed that it happens and they don't f*ck it up.
    Mmmm..yes....hopefully they don't get up their own ass, & stick to what works (more or less). If it's NOT set in Africa, I wonder A) where & B) how different a "feel" that will impart? Then again if it IS still in Africa, does that take it down "more of the same" road? Difficult propositions either way.

Undisclosed
    Looks like they haven't decided yet on where the second one will take place but given a probably tight budget it would not surprise me if they went with Africa again. Maybe an Asian or South American Jungle could work as well. Showing the zombie apocalypse in a western setting is probably way too expensive and involves lots of shoe-string budget CGI, unless they go for a smaller scenario.
    I hope they stick to the adventure/travel theme and just focus on another group of characters in the same world, much like GAR does in his series.
    If it retains the suspense and bleak feel of the original they can't go wrong IMO. That and the stellar practical FX work of the original.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    After watching it, and loving the suspense scenes with the slow zombies, all I wanna say is I hope they find a better actor to play the main character.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    After watching it, and loving the suspense scenes with the slow zombies, all I wanna say is I hope they find a better actor to play the main character.
    I thought the actor portraying the main protagonist did a great job. He was playing someone who had been dealing with the dead rising for some time before the movie even starts, he'd been in a plane crash and hadn't had a moments rest...the whole film is supposed to be like a fever dream for him. Under those circustances I felt he hit the weary nail on the exhausted, but in shock head.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I found a teaser. It will be shot in India. Don't blame them. They are probably tired of the b.s. they endured in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OMEF8e92t8

Super Moderator

United States
    Well hot DAMN! You've done it again, Slick!

Gotta be the most anticipated film for me now! Perfect place for a zombie epidemic to be set and though it could be a. Rough go filming on location, it should be tame by comparison.

United States
    Dang, Indians make for some scary zombies.

United States
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 19-Nov-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: The Man struck again

Undisclosed
    Hurray!
    Just saw this on the Facebook The Dead page. This really made my day. Thanks Slick.
    Here's some more info;

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/artic...l-to-the-dead/

Shooting starts February. Go boys.
    Last edited by krisvds; 30-Oct-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    As much as i'm looking forward to the next TWD season this really made my day.
    The first one was, to me, the best zombie film since Day ...

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-the-s...oving-forward/
    "The Dead" is one of the best zombie movies ever. as to this sequel all i can say is "NO! NO! NO!" leave it alone. i'm not a fan of sequels. Day is the exception that proves the rule. i'm not really even much of a fan of "dawn" because the older i get, the more ridiculous it looks. i'm also firmly convinced the world would be a better place without "diary" or "survival."
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-Oct-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    True, most sequels suck.
    However given the odds of making a good zombie film I'd much rather see these guys try their hands on another one than most of the drivel ou there.
    As long as it's a 'thematic' sequel only, without returning characters, and just tells another story in the same world it could be ok.
    Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by krisvds; 30-Oct-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: .