Thread: Is your state holding money for you?

United States

Is your state holding money for you?

http://unclaimed.org/

I guess if a company owes you money but can't give it to you because they don't know your address or how; then they have to turn it over to the state. It would be illegal to keep money that doesn't belong to them. So if you moved away from an apartment or whatever and didn't get your deposit back but you had one coming....check this website to see if u have any money.

No Scam I swear. Sadly, I didn't have any money on there. Just figured I would share. What you do is click on whatever states you have been and it takes you to that state's treasury website.

I just checked the website again and I guess they are adding Canada. Interesting.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    No Scam I swear.
    It does make one wonder. First thing I thought when I saw the thread title was "Mistuh Clean's been hacked!"

I'll give it a look later, though. Thanks!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    my state has a $700 million dollar "rainy day" fund. yes, Ohio has a savings account. i'd like a cut of that for sure but it might come in handy. it certainly did a couple of years ago.

sorry if i venture off topic but the State of Ohio can run on a $400 million dollar surplus but the feds can't balance a checkbook if their lives depended on it.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Sep-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Ha, my wife's name came up being owed money from Tyson's. I don't have a printer here so I'll send it in later. Thanks, dood!