Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Yawn04 was a breath of fresh air.....for people who enjoy MTV crap.

I just think it was trying too hard to please the teenager audience rather than the intelligent film-goers. Basically, I think it was a very generic and plain "weekend teen flick" to be a remake of a very intelligent film....

There are certain aspects of it that I enjoy....but overall it's nothing more than a "run, run, run!" action flick with very little story.
    QFT. I found the film okay at most. Enjoyable if you want to skimp on the story. I see no chance of a sequel, as I think first they should build some decent characters first.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    QFT? Whats that mean?

You'll have to excuse me...im not too good with the internet lingo

United States
    "quite f***ing true" would be my stab at it.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ah, yes...

makes sense...

Canada
    a shame...I liked Dawn 04, quite alot. A sequal would be better and could improve on the first ones weak points.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No offense mista, but you've just proven my point. You're 17, right? You enjoyed Yawn04, right?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Crucify me, but, I actually enjoyed Dawn 04. Don't get me wrong, I still get infuriated by the fact that it uses the Dawn name. But when I over look that fact, I dig it. I mean it's kinda corny and is obviously marketed toward the MTV generation. I felt the "directors" cut was slightly better because it had more character development. I've stated my opinion many times in the past, but go ahead and bring on the flaming.

[SPOILER BELOW]

I guess I would like to see more on what happened when they reached the island in the end.

Canada
    bassman311, I do believe I said I enjoyed Dawn 04..hmm..yes, yes I said I did. I don't take offense, I normally would but I've got enough on my boat right now then to get ****ed at something as unimportant as this. So what if I enjoyed the movie? No big deal, ALOT of people did, and ALOT of the people who liked it weren't my age. and you'll find that I have admitted in a previous post that I like action films, but don't think that just cause i'm only a youngin' doesn't mean I don't like movies that are emotional. everyone has a part of them that loves the Dawn of the dead 04 kind of movies, but I also love other ones..hell, The Green Mile and Forrest Gump are two of my favourite films, and I've cried during them (not ashamed to admit it).

and the flaws I was thinking of in Dawn were the lack of plot, and character development in the film. If these were addressed in a proper sequel, the film would be great.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thats the same way I feel, Mike. It's a decent popcorn/action flick to watch every now and again but it has no shelf life. In another 5-10 years no one will remember it(besides us die hard zombie fans) but the original "Dawn"will live on forever.

It's good for a viewing or two.....but I can't watch it multiple times like Romero's films.

Canada
    I'll give you that..usually I watch the 1st 25 mins of the movie then shut it off and put in Day and watch the whole thing tho..I like it but...damn

Administrator

England
    lets not have this turn into a flame thread eh guys? i like alot of you and i'd hate to have to start dishing out warnings, ATM the policy on flaming here is keep it in private. (private messages). now i know nothing too heavy has been said yet, and im just nipping this in the bud so to speak

dawn 04 was pretty good i thought, ok its no where near as good as the original dawn and i dont think anyone was seriously expecting it to be. as i said in a previous post, the name aside, it has nothing in common with the original dawn and it hink when you watch it as its own film and put the original out of your mind, its not half bad.

the fast moving zombies are great i think, they give a good twist and do give a breath of fresh air to the genre and i am not MTV generation and anyone who says i am will regret it

on the other hand i do think dawn'04 suffers from lack of character development, virtually no plot and is too heavilly reliant on special effects. but then again what film dosn't these days? alot of the same negative points can be said about LOTD, its just the way the film industry has gone.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    QFT? Whats that mean?

You'll have to excuse me...im not too good with the internet lingo
    Quoted For Truth.

I'll just explain the other one I use often

ITT= in this thread

Super Moderator

UK
    Yawn-o-mania04 summed up by moi...

Technically proficient, totally, retardedly lacking in both direction and script - perhaps one of the dumbest movies ever (leave nice, safe mall for death island...yehhhhh) with a bunch of hastily concocted characters who at best, barely prick past the surface of "being an asshole".

I coulda crapped a better script, thank you very much.

United Kingdom
    I'm 31, and not a fan of MTV at all, but I did find Dawn 04 a lot more enjoyable than LOTD, and probably on par with NOTLD 90.

There were certainly things I would have changed - fewer characters, longer running time, more camera time on the zombies and a more intelligent plot (the explanation of why they had to leave the mall that was in the earlier version of the script should have been retained, for instance).

However, the film had a tremendous atmosphere of dread and danger, and a sense of society breaking apart overnight. I never once felt those emotions during LOTD, once you are encouraged to start rooting for the zombies how are you supposed to be frightened of them? If LOTD had been a product of anyone other than GAR, I think it would have had a much rougher reception.

I'm sorry that there will be no return in the near future to the bleak and perilous world that we glimpsed briefly during the Dawn remake...

Canada
    Agreed. Hey, sorry Andy about almost startin a flame war, I'll try to be on my bestest best behaviour.

With LOTD..I really wasn't frightened that much...at all...I mean, in a zombie movie, I look at the zombies as the enemies...not the friends. I don't want to cheer for em, I want to see em die...well stay dead. Dawn 04 scared me alot more...Fast zombies scare the bejesus outta me. nuff said