Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Super Moderator

UK
    Personally I found Land the scariest film, gave me a good few jolts in the seat. Also, I find it much more terrifying that slow-moving zombies can manage to take over the world - because the humans just f*ck everything up. Besides, IF zombies existed they'd move slow and like a drunk baby - they'd be incapable of running around and leaping over hurdles and acting like a twenty-something on two hits of ecstasy, lol.

Administrator

England
    actually i think it'd be more realistic for zombies to be fast moving when they first "revive" then slow down over time..

and mista dont worry i was speaking to a few people not just you

Canada
    Personally, I think that zombies would be much more terrifying when they first revive...I mean come on, they're fresh. They'd be able to move faster and maybe (in my world) they'd be a hell of alot smarter then older ones..I mean, their brains wouldn't be subject to the decomposition that would be found in the older ones...hell, they could be able to do most of the things we could do based on their memory..at least to me anyway. then they'd slow down and get stupider...

Super Moderator

UK
    Whatchu chattin' about, Willis?

Zombies are stupider when they first revive, ergo incapable of being in control of their bodies to the point of running full speed. You must crawl, then walk and then you can run ... but hopefully GAR zombies will never run

Running zombies suck - and if anyone says "what about 28 Days Later", they were "infected"...not zombies.

United Kingdom
    I like most stabs at the zombie genre, Evil Deads' weird possesed zombies, Dawn 04s' fast zombies, 28 Days Laters' not actually dead zombies, and GARs' slow paced zombies.

I love the zombie genre as a whole, and being born after GARs' first 3 movies means that they were not my first influence into the zombie world, giving me a wider perspective than the people who's first (normally meaning favourite) zombie experience was one of GARs' movies, making me not biased for, or against the remake of Dawn.

I just love zombies and the whole concept of them in general, not just from a film perspective.
    Last edited by Craig; 11-Mar-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Australia
    I think it is a shame that there won't be a sequel to Dawn 04. I enjoyed the film and believe that there is a lot of potential for an interesting sequel. Granted it came no where near the complexity or intelligence of the original, but Dawn04 was just a fun ride and an enjoyable one at that.

Canada
    this movie let me down. i was so exited to see it when it first came out , i even ditched work early to see it opening night. only to be disapointed by this pile of a flic.
    i'am glad there is no sequel.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog
    this movie let me down. i was so exited to see it when it first came out , i even ditched work early to see it opening night. only to be disapointed by this pile of a flic.
    i'am glad there is no sequel.
    But listen to the fans, this movie was a classic. James Gunn was better than George Romero. His characters were very deep and well-developed. The scenarios were believable, and everything flowed well. Zack Snyder was like Hitchcock, maybe even better! He moved this timeless classic well, with his work behind the camera. Then the actors. Mekhi Phiffer was simply amazing, with his very believable performance as the boyfriend of a chick who dies with a child in the whom, and goes insane. Simply amazing. This film is going to go down in history of the greatest zombie flick of all time. Better than Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead...hell, all of them!!!

...Sarcasm is my favorite tool. You spot it above?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    ...... Zack Snyder was like Hitchcock, maybe even better! He moved this timeless classic well, with his work behind the camera. Then the actors. Mekhi Phiffer was simply amazing, with his very believable performance as the boyfriend of a chick who dies with a child in the whom, and goes insane. Simply amazing. This film is going to go down in history of the greatest zombie flick of all time. Better than Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead...hell, all of them!!!

...Sarcasm is my favorite tool. You spot it above?
    LOL, man I'm STILL laughing --- very funny!!

"Mekhi Phiffer was simply amazing, with his very believable performance as the boyfriend of a chick who dies with a child in the whom, and goes insane. Simply amazing.

Man, I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while....

Undisclosed
    Opinions are subjective, so you'll never convince anyone one is better than the other. However, here is a math question. Hard to argue with math.

Original Dawn budget - 1.5 million (though Tony Buba will tell you it was 250k)
    Remake budget - 28 million (almost 20 times the budget of the original.)

How do you make a film with THAT much more money, yet convey not a tenth of the scope of the original? Aside from the cool helicopter shot of the remake near the beginning, there's no scope to the remake. Original - TV station meltdown, tenement apartment, redneck zombie hunt. The remake gets right to the mall and stays there. Even the mall never has a decent wide shot of the inside. They spend all their time in one little wing of the mall, and most of that in a ****ing coffee shop.

If you're judging it on using your budget creatively, there's no contest as to which film is more impressive. Gunn owes someone some money...

Administrator

England
    my main problem with the dawn remake was that the first 10 minutes, i thought, where absolutly amazing. it was great. and it sets the standard for the rest of the film.

unfortunatly its not a standard thats lived up, as soon as the opening credits have finished rolling, its downhill fast.

United States
    I thought the beginning was great. It jumped right into things without delay, and it didn't do it in a kiddie-type fashion. When Ana emerged from her house to see a world gone to hell. It's unreal. But after they went to the mall, things in the film went downhill. And by the end, I was seeing how many popcorn kernals I could throw into the air and catch with in my mouth.

But here's one thing I have to say. Be thankful the script went through revisions. James Gunn's original version was horrible. Whoever hired James Gunn should be taken out and shot. That was just the worst move that could be made, and it overshadowed Zack Snyder's debut to the big screen, which wasn't half bad. It still was overhyped by the Dawn of the Dead remake fanatics.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh I always thought "WHY with the James Gunn" to write a big Hollywood action 'horror' flick - the dude had come fresh from Tromaville ... not exactly your big budget studio that's known for it's great writing.

They should have given me the job

United States

Not too bumed over it...

Although a part of me would like to see yet another zombie movie hit the screen, I don't really see where they could have gone with the story. The only way a sequel could have been done is if they started fresh with an all new cast of characters.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Oh Well...I'll live...

I have to say that I am a fan of the original Romero Dead series. I may not know all the facts about all the movies or anything that would call me an expert but I really enjoy them. I have watched all of them many times...including Land of the Dead, which it seems that a lot of people don't like. Yes I also bought The Dawn04 remake....but if that’s what you think is the worst zombie movie I ever seen then well your wrong. I have House the Dead.... still not the worst but that is kind of off...What is it with the video game cut ins during the movie.

OK I am rambling. Why did I reply to this? I am a horror movie fan...no matter what type it is I like it. My favorite type are zombie related and will always be that way. Why did I buy Dawn of the Dead 04? Cause it was a blockbuster...no. Because it has some one in it I liked...no. Because it was a zombie movie and it looked decent. Dawn04 to me was a whole new movie...Yes it was a zombie movie in a mall...but it was a new way of looking at a classic. Fast movie zombies instead of slow...and some funny scenes that I laugh about with my girl every time we see it. So it wasn't the perfect movie. I have heard people that didn't like xXx or xXx 2 because it was unrealistic or because they didn't like Vin Diesel or Ice Cube, maybe because they didn't do a good job. I went into that movie just for one thing...to be entertained. I try not to pick at the movie too much and I find I like it a lot more. Same with all the zombie movies...or anything else I see. They are just entertainment. If I don't like it...fine...I won't watch it again. Maybe the plot was weak...but I still liked it. Maybe it could have used this or that...ok but that doesn't mean it's a horrible movie. I guess my point is It was a decent movie with its own thing made from an idea from the past. Honestly I don't think people know how to make original movies anymore. Everything has been done but if it came down to watching another stupid comedy or another reality TV show I would watch a bad zombie movie any day.

I am sorry if this post ticks anyone off. I am just putting in my 2 cents...I am not bashing anyone here or expecting to be bashed. I respect your opinion so respect mine.