Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Dying

Undisclosed

Unhappy No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Welll, this sucks. Unlike many, I really dug DoTD.

While in Chicago promotion his film Slither, which Universal Pictures will release on March 31st, James Gunn told Bloody Disgusting a little scoop about what his plans were for his next feature film.

All he could tease was "it's a film about Satan." But he also expressed that he had no interest in doing the sequel to Dawn of the Dead, while producer Eric Newman chimed in telling the audience that "as of right now there are no immediate plans for a sequel".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060306i.php

United States

Can't say as I'm suprised...

D'04 (in my mind) kinda falls into the same catagory as the american Godzilla or the Hulk. All had huge hype & initally made a boatload of money, but went on to suffer from bad word of mouth & negitive feedback from diehard fans.

There was originally a lot of noise about there being sequels to the aforementioned movies, but due to the above, nada

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver
    D'04 (in my mind) kinda falls into the same catagory as the american Godzilla or the Hulk. All had huge hype & initally made a boatload of money, but went on to suffer from bad word of mouth & negitive feedback from diehard fans.

I disagree, I see more diehards ragging on the travesty caled LOTD then I see them ragging on DOTD04.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I disagree, I see more diehards ragging on the travesty caled LOTD then I see them ragging on DOTD04.
    Of course, because in today's world, a pompous child is a better writer than the man who created a modern version of a genre and has created countless hits.

I mean, I'm not saying that people can't get rusty. But Land of the Dead's faults were just as overrated as the Dawn of the Dead remake's. People slammed Land of the Dead for Big Daddy. It wasn't Big Daddy that was bad, it was Eugene Clark's acting...

But I'll shut up, before we get another debate. Thanks for posting this, interesting news.
    Last edited by AssassinFromHell; 07-Mar-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Lord Howe Island

Well, throw the fn book at me..

I actually liked them both, but I left Dawn04 more satisfied than I did Land...

wierd..

or sad...

Undisclosed

Rats

I was looking forward to a further look at the Dawn04 world. Regarding which is least flawed, Dawn04 or LOTD, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Few have changed their minds based on what they've read in these forums...

United States
    they're both good soild zombie flicks, better yet the both NEW soild zombie flicks, even bestest yet there're both new soild zombie flicks with a real budget!

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    I've loosened up alot on Dawn 04, but I still don't like it. It stole the name and manipulated what Dawn of the Dead is, just for money. Just my opinion.

Land was flawed too. Acting in some areas (*cough*Clark*cough*) was rather weak. But I enjoyed it more, despite it having more action than a normal zombie flick.

Administrator

England
    i know alot of people didn't like dawn04 but i kinda did.. i mean, come on, it would of been alot worse if he'd actually tried to redo the original dawn. aside from the name, the 2 films have virtually nothing in common, and i kinda like the idea of fast moving zombies. gives the genre a twist.

Super Moderator

UK
    THANK F*CK FOR THAT!!!

One Yawnorama04 was enough thank you very much.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    THANK F*CK FOR THAT!!!

One Yawnorama04 was enough thank you very much.
    I'll second that. It's a shame that a couple of good actors got sucked into that p.o.s.

United States
    geeze, what do you guys want in a damn ZOMBIE movie?? Dawn04 was a breath of fresh air crowded with the likes of Oasis of the Dead, Fleasheaters, Zombi5, and on and on, you're all too harsh.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    ahem... all?
    i was sticking up for it

United States
    Haters know who they are.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Yeah...

Yawn04 was a breath of fresh air.....for people who enjoy MTV crap.

I just think it was trying too hard to please the teenager audience rather than the intelligent film-goers. Basically, I think it was a very generic and plain "weekend teen flick" to be a remake of a very intelligent film....

There are certain aspects of it that I enjoy....but overall it's nothing more than a "run, run, run!" action flick with very little story.