Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Night 90 Blu-ray up for Pre-Order

Administrator

England

Christ! That image difference is like night and day, literally!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Good god, Bass! That's a scary comparison.

Soooooo glad I came across my copy of the Night '90 DVD years ago.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Christ! That image difference is like night and day, literally!
    How anybody could look at those images and think the left one is acceptable is beyond me.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    How anybody could look at those images and think the left one is acceptable is beyond me.
    Ditto. Savini must be off his bonce if he thinks that's an acceptable image!

Meanwhile, the DVD copy that I bought for £3 is perfectly fine.

There was no way I was ever going to buy this Blu-Ray anyway. I enjoy the movie, but there's a few things that really irritate me (such as Judy Rose - good lord that character pissed me off sooooooooo much, she's all over the bloody shop; one of the most inconsistent characters I've ever seen in a movie).

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Savini must be off his bonce
    I think I agree.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Ditto. Savini must be off his bonce if he thinks that's an acceptable image!
    Supposedly the video expert they hired, some guy called Jim O'Rear, who has apparently been doing video colouring/grading for over 25 years in big main stream films, convinced him it was the right thing to do.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Supposedly the video expert they hired, some guy called Jim O'Rear, who has apparently been doing video colouring/grading for over 25 years in big main stream films, convinced him it was the right thing to do.

Oh snap, Neil ... very snap.

Ireland
    He's also an actor in Night 90. He played the rear axle of Ben's car. He's only in it for a second, mind.

What a legend.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If some dumbass convinced Savini that Blu-Ray transfer was the way to go, I have definitely lost respect fo Savini's judgement when it comes to film.

If anything, Tom shoul dhave desaturated the colors, not put a smurfy filter across the film.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW< does anyone have a link to the Wal-Mart program. if I am going to own HD versions of Night 90 I want it too look right not this fucking crap.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    the only reason i still have mine is so that i can sell it at a later date if it becomes worth a bill or so...though i can't conceive anybody paying top dollar for this turd now that the word is out on how terrible it looks.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    If some dumbass convinced Savini that Blu-Ray transfer was the way to go, I have definitely lost respect fo Savini's judgement when it comes to film.

If anything, Tom shoul dhave desaturated the colors, not put a smurfy filter across the film.
    The dvdtalk review says it was the DP:

When director of photography Frank Prinzi was approached to oversee this latest transfer of Night of the Living Dead two years ago, presumably as part of an aborted twentieth anniversary release, he decided to take the film in a very different direction visually.
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/58319...ition-blu-ray/
    Last edited by triste realtą; 11-Oct-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: ldfkjaslkdfjlawskdjflas;jdflkjasfdjsdf

Administrator

England
    I'm going to stick with my DVD copy for now I think!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm going to stick with my DVD copy for now I think!
    Neil speaks sense on this one.

And so now it's the DP's fault? The story seems to keep changing on this one, and it's strange how none of these tidbits were ever put out there before ... also stranger is the fact that they didn't even put up a single screenshot. Hmmm ... it's as if they knew it looked ruddy awful and they just hoped nobody would care.

Administrator

England
    Neil speaks sense on this one.

And so now it's the DP's fault? The story seems to keep changing on this one, and it's strange how none of these tidbits were ever put out there before ... also stranger is the fact that they didn't even put up a single screenshot. Hmmm ... it's as if they knew it looked ruddy awful and they just hoped nobody would care.
    I assume there's no shots on the rear of the case? Would be funny if they're from the original nice and bright version, rather the smurf'ed version!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I assume there's no shots on the rear of the case? Would be funny if they're from the original nice and bright version, rather the smurf'ed version!
    An interesting question - what about it folks who have bought a copy and have it to hand?