Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Night 90 Blu-ray up for Pre-Order

Ireland
    Region B is Europe Neil. It should play fine. Your sig says London?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Region B is Europe Neil. It should play fine. Your sig says London?
    Ahhh! Yes! Region B is Europe too! I'm more used to seeing "Region 2"...

Ordering now...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ahhh! Yes! Region B is Europe too! I'm more used to seeing "Region 2"...
    DVDs had six regions: 1 through 6 ... but to make matters nice and confusing, with Blu-Ray there's only three regions: A, B, and C.

Here in the UK we're 2/B.

United States
    thanks for the heads up, already ordered mine and waiting for it to ship! the twilight times release was such a letdown. i have the digital vudu version, but really wanted a decent copy to sit on my shelf with my other blu rays. should be here by week's end, really pumped to see how good the picture quality is....can't wait to have another excuse to watch one of my favorite movies!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    DVDs had six regions: 1 through 6 ... but to make matters nice and confusing, with Blu-Ray there's only three regions: A, B, and C.

Here in the UK we're 2/B.
    OK... Thanks for highlighting my total ignorance...

EDIT: Ordered...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    as kaos said, this is the definitive edition of this film to own as far as picture quality goes. it looks a damn sight crisper than the vudu version, and i am debating if i even want to keep my copy of the twilight times BLUE ray. while it's not as awful as the 30th anniversary edition of the original, that twilight times version was like a kick to the nuts on first viewing. i also really dig them using that image from the film's poster as the cover.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    as kaos said, this is the definitive edition of this film to own as far as picture quality goes. it looks a damn sight crisper than the vudu version, and i am debating if i even want to keep my copy of the twilight times BLUE ray. while it's not as awful as the 30th anniversary edition of the original, that twilight times version was like a kick to the nuts on first viewing. i also really dig them using that image from the film's poster as the cover.
    Maybe hang on to it? Might it become a collector's item of some value in time? Might people take to tossing out their blue-tinted copies in favour of this?

Super Moderator

Germany
    OK, Neil. Fess up. What's your take?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OK... Thanks for highlighting my total ignorance...

EDIT: Ordered...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    OK, Neil. Fess up. What's your take?
    Not watched it yet...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    I was watching the new blu-ray tonight on my projector and you can see the crew in the reflection of Barbara's glasses in a close-up in the cemetery right before the Greg Funk zombie attack.

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    ^

given how much i love this film, i had to go ahead and order this version too. thanks for the heads-up.

i really like the quality of the umbrella release, but didn't realize how much brighter they'd made the picture. christ, compared to twilight times disc, i thought it looked perfect.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 06-Nov-2018 at 12:18 AM. Reason: .