Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Night 90 Blu-ray up for Pre-Order

United States
    the only picture on the back is a shot of mr. macgruder or whatever his name is trying to push through the window as ben tries to keep him out using the door they've nailed to the window frame.

it looks rather normal, tbh.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Oct-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the only picture on the back is a shot of mr. macgruder or whatever his name is trying to push through the window as ben tries to keep him out using the door they've nailed to the window frame.

it looks rather normal, tbh.
    So not an obvious shot showing if normal or smurf'ed image quality?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    back cover 71pzpeRGW2L.jpg

my new front cover lol 51L5nPzqS4L__AA300_.jpg

Administrator

England
    ^^ Class! So subtle I bet that's going over some people heads?

I've used the back cover in the memorabilia entry. Couldn't find any other images available - http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/?id=344

PS: What is the catalog number for it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Class! So subtle I bet that's going over some people heads?
    I don't expressly recognize the piece, but assume it's from Picasso's 'Blue Period', am I correct?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't expressly recognize the piece, but assume it's from Picasso's 'Blue Period', am I correct?
    Look at the before and after

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/a...storation.html
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The once-dignified portrait now resembles a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic, he says

The before and after photos are hilarious....
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Oct-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

Germany
    It looks like they finally got it right. No blue filter and it appears to be region free!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3335...0auimport.html

United States
    An absolute classic.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn, that looks a hell of a lot better!

I wonder if this will get a wide release in all territories, but if its Region All that's at least an option. It's just a shame we'll never get to see the full uncut gore footage in the movie (IIRC those elements no longer exist) ... feckin' MPAA.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-May-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Damn, that looks a hell of a lot better!

I wonder if this will get a wide release in all territories, but if its Region All that's at least an option. It's just a shame we'll never get to see the full uncut gore footage in the movie (IIRC those elements no longer exist) ... feckin' MPAA.
    Indeed... How do we get hold of this in the UK!

I've got a friend over in Australia, so at the least I guess I could get them to pick me up a copy and mail it over!?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    My daughter and I are watching it tonight.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    My daughter and I are watching it tonight.
    Awaiting a review please...

How did you get a copy?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    It looks wonderful. It has the same color timing as the theatrical release. Image clarity and detail is better than I have seen since I saw it in the movie theater. Like I said earlier, the streaming service Vudu's high def presentation was better than the prior blu-ray release. This blu-ray release is well superior to the Vudu version.

I purchased it for $26 on Amazon.com. The case on the box says region B, but it appears to indeed be region free. It looks like Amazon UK is selling it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Livin...he+living+dead

BTW - I watched in on my Optoma 1080p projector on a 100" screen. It looked awesome blown up to 100''.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    It looks wonderful. It has the same color timing as the theatrical release. Image clarity and detail is better than I have seen since I saw it in the movie theater. Like I said earlier, the streaming service Vudu's high def presentation was better than the prior blu-ray release. This blu-ray release is well superior to the Vudu version.

I purchased it for $26 on Amazon.com. The case on the box says region B, but it appears to indeed be region free. It looks like Amazon UK is selling it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Livin...he+living+dead

BTW - I watched in on my Optoma 1080p projector on a 100" screen. It looked awesome blown up to 100''.
    One of the reviewers (amazon.co.uk) says it's "region b"!? I suspect that won't play on my bluray player

I thought it was suppose to be region free?
    -Carl Sagan