Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episodes 301 - "Seed" & 302 - "Sick" ---> Beware - SPOILERS!!!

Dead

United States
    IMO, all the hype surrounding new seasons is worse than any spoiler. Hear people talk about how great it is and all, then seeing trailer after trailer with the same footage. That's what ruined season 2 for me.
    It was so hyped up, and then it just totally fell short. By episode 3 of season 2 my interest in the show fell to an all time low. I just waited till I was bored and watched them on demand after that. I wasn't concerned about seeing them as they aired. My interest spiked in the last few episodes though.
    But this always seems to happen with shows and movies that have these major hyped up advertising campaigns. They build the hype up so much that there's no way that the product can actually live up to the expectation. The Dark Knight Rises was the latest example of this.
    The point behind the marketing campaigns is just to get as many asses in seats watching, they just don't understand anything except those numbers. They don't realize how they kill it for some people by doing that. There's also a pretty decent sized group of people that outright reject anything that's extremely hyped up. The logic they use is that anything that requires that much propaganda to generate interest must not be able to stand on it's own merits.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMadden View Post
    Do you guys not spoil that kind of stuff here? I've been on another forum and we pretty much spill everything we know constantly. Is this person reliable btw?
    Just to clarify the spoilers issue.

Unlike other forums out there, we don't fling spoilers around willy nilly here at HPOTD. We've had members discover, much to their frustration, spoilers about the show from other sources (Facebook, YouTube, other forums, etc) and it's not something we like to perpetuate - we love to watch the show as-it-happens and enjoy it as the rollercoaster ride it was designed to be.

Episode discussions are, as you'll have seen by now, kept to a separate thread for each episode. All talk of that episode goes in that thread only. Possible theories for future developments that involve a potential spoiler (e.g. referencing a later story arc or event in the comics) gets placed within "spoiler tags" (go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/misc.php?do=bbcode - for info on how to use all the different tags, including spoiler tags).

Spoilers are also actively discouraged from appearing in the shoutbox (at the top of the main forum page). There's a thriving TWD viewership here at HPOTD and we get very wrapped up in it, and we don't like big plot twists/info to be spoiled in advance (heck, a number of us don't like any piece of info, no matter how small, being spoiled) - other communities might be very free on spoilers, but we're very strict on spoilers. Plenty of forewarning and use of spoiler tags is the way forward - we don't really discuss leaked scripts for the show here either. General talk of the direction of the show is fine though (such talk is often personal theories or feelings about how the show is currently evolving).

That might sound a bit OTT, but it's just how we've always approached TWD spoilers here, and it means nobody comes here and goes away unhappy having learned something they didn't want to know. Put simply though, if in doubt, use spoiler tags.

Finally, I hope you continue to join in the TWD discussion here at HPOTD, we welcome you to jump on in and enjoy the chit-chat.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Oct-2012 at 06:57 PM.