Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episodes 301 - "Seed" & 302 - "Sick" ---> Beware - SPOILERS!!!

United States

Episodes 301 - "Seed" & 302 - "Sick" ---> Beware - SPOILERS!!!

A few brief thoughts...for me at least, I was really impressed with the first two episodes of season 3. Ernest Dickerson once again handled directing duties on the season premiere, "Seed", and he does his ususal tremendous job. We get some interesting zombies at the prison - riot guard zombies for example - and one of the best gags yet when Rick goes to remove the gas mask of a zombie. Also, one of the major characters is bitten forcing another character to amputate the infected limb(little Day of the Dead homage for fans).

With "Sick" we really get to see how much Rick has changed from season 1 and how hardcore he is becoming, which I enjoyed.

They also revamped the opening credits sequence, which I was wondering if they would do since Shane was now gone from the show.

England
    Fuckers. The major character better not be who I think it is. I hate you Kirkman if it is
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

United States
    So you saw the first 2 episodes? If so can you tell what happens in the premiere? Thanks
    Last edited by JohnMadden; 28-Sep-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: mistake

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMadden View Post
    So you saw the first 2 episodes? If so can you tell what happens in the premiere? Thanks
    Ha, good luck on that. I'm still waiting for him to agree to adopt me so I can get in on some o' that action myself.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Ha, good luck on that. I'm still waiting for him to agree to adopt me so I can get in on some o' that action myself.
    Do you guys not spoil that kind of stuff here? I've been on another forum and we pretty much spill everything we know constantly. Is this person reliable btw?
    Last edited by JohnMadden; 29-Sep-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: spelling

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you guys not spoil that kind of stuff here? I've been on another forum and we pretty much spill everything we know constantly. Is this person reliable btw?
    He's a reliable source. He just prefers to drop the info and go without too many details. Less is more, that kinda thing.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    He's a reliable source. He just prefers to drop the info and go without too many details. Less is more, that kinda thing.
    How does he get to see the episodes?

England
    How does he get to see the episodes?
    He's a friend of Greg Nicotero. Is on the press pack list and no he won't spill anymore. Rightly in my opinion.
    That's as spoilerish as it gets around here so be careful what you post.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Well, there was an embargo by AMC until September 27, so I could reveal the details. However, why would I want to do that and ruin it for everyone else? I wouldn't want someone to do that. In fact AMC even states in the press kit the following "We kindly request that you refrain from revealing specific storyline details in advance so that "The Walking Dead" fans can experience the full impact of plots as they unfold throughout the season." I just wanted to let everyone know - in my opinion - that the show is off to a great start.
    Last edited by thxleo; 29-Sep-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: n/a

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Well, there was an embargo by AMC until September 27, so I could reveal the details. However, why would I want to do that and ruin it for everyone else? I wouldn't want someone to do that. In fact AMC even states in the press kit the following "We kindly request that you refrain from revealing specific storyline details in advance so that "The Walking Dead" fans can experience the full impact of plots as they unfold throughout the season." I just wanted to let everyone know - in my opinion - that the show is off to a great start.
    You're only ruining it for the people that look for them. If people don't want to know, then they won't know.

United States
    You're only ruining it for the people that look for them. If people don't want to know, then they won't know.
    If you want to know that badly, then I'm sure you can find someone out there on the internet who has also seen it and they can ruin it for you. I'll pass though.

I've never understood that way of thinking. I was never the kid that opened his presents before Christmas and then taped them back up so my Mom wouldn't know. Don't you want to actually be surprised when you watch it?

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    If you want to know that badly, then I'm sure you can find someone out there on the internet who has also seen it and they can ruin it for you. I'll pass though.

I've never understood that way of thinking. I was never the kid that opened his presents before Christmas and then taped them back up so my Mom wouldn't know. Don't you want to actually be surprised when you watch it?
    Honestly, I have terrible memory for such a young person lol. I accidentally clicked on a spoiler review for the DKR this summer and I forgot what happened within a week.

England
    Honestly, I have terrible memory for such a young person lol. I accidentally clicked on a spoiler review for the DKR this summer and I forgot what happened within a week.
    Unlucky with the memory thing.
    If you do find any spoilers, and they will appear, in the run up to the season 3 premiere there is a feature on this board for hiding spoilers. The policy here is to use it.
    Hang around once the season starts. You might really enjoy the discussions that go on.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey THX, how much work have they done to the intro? Is it just slightly changed to remove Bernthal's credit, or did they change it up entirely? I've wondered if they would change it to shots of the prison and Woodbury....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hey THX, how much work have they done to the intro? Is it just slightly changed to remove Bernthal's credit, or did they change it up entirely? I've wondered if they would change it to shots of the prison and Woodbury....
    Bassman, it's been completely revamped. You see shots of the abandoned hwy of cars, the farm, the prison, etc... There are no more shots of the actors.