Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: TWD 3x01 "Seed" episode discussion **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Dead

United States
    Since we're on the subject of complaints, I have a few.

I don't like the growling and animal like behavior of the walkers. The atmosphere of the whole series would be better served with less aggressive walkers. Imagine how much creepier it would be if there were moans and cries from the walkers traveling through the halls of the prison. If you were trying to sleep at night and all you could hear through the vents were moaning, crying walkers. That would add a level of psychological disturbance in the mind of the viewer that just isn't possible with growling, menacing walkers that are so easily seen as the enemy.
    The way the walkers look and act right now doesn't leave the viewer with the sense that these were once people like you and me. Yeah, they're slow like shamblers, but they don't have that same somber personality that real shamblers have. Zombies are supposed to be like rotting, lobotomized humans with a taste for flesh. But these walkers are more like wounded rabid animals.
    Like when Rick and Daryl encounter them locked in cells in the 1st episode of this season. That scene would've been so much better if the walkers slowly moved toward the doors moaning and gurgling, reaching weakly toward rick and daryl, rather than slamming up against the doors while growling and hissing and fiercely grabbing at them. It doesn't fit the overall tone of the show IMO. It's lik they took the zombies from Dawn04 and just slowed them down.

Another thing I don't like is how easy it seems to kill them by stabbing them with blunt tools. Like Carol stabbing that female walker through the eye with a piece of rebar. The only way that would be possible would be if the walker were against a wall or on the ground. Walkers are unstable on their feet, so stabbing them while standing would only push them away or knock them down. To put a tool into their brain, even through an eye, would require some type of sharp tip or alot of velocity.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy
    What, zombies can't smell their own funk?!?
    A trip to the local Walmart will confirm that the living also suffer from the same condition.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany