Thread: wZom (2012)

ViP

Undisclosed

wZom (2012)

Howdy,

As promised, I'd like to share the zombie short I filmed last summer in Chicago - it was produced entirely by high school students. Happy Halloween!

Don't forget to check out the "The Making of WZOM" documentary as well.

Your old pal,
    Kris
    AKA Cereval

Administrator

England
    Hi Kris! Nice to have you back again!

Very nicely shot!

I tend to be fairly critical, and these are the only things I came up with...
    1) The eating of the baby in the pram - We're X weeks into this thing, so that baby/body would be long gone? Like I said, I'm a continuity whore!
    2) The lovely street reveal scene (showing the zombies) and following radio room scene... the music was great, was just too dominant.
    3) The twist was broadcast to me from the first visit to her room. So unfortunately I new what was coming.

Fairly minor things in the scheme of things
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

Undisclosed
    Thanks Neil! (see my response below within the spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hi Kris! Nice to have you back again!

Very nicely shot!

I tend to be fairly critical, and these are the only things I came up with...
    1) The eating of the baby in the pram - We're X weeks into this thing, so that baby/body would be long gone? Like I said, I'm a continuity whore!
    This is a very good point. I might've questioned this myself had I not wrote. My only (weak) defense would be to say that we don't necessarily know the circumstances of how / when it got there.
    2) The lovely street reveal scene (showing the zombies) and following radio room scene... the music was great, was just too dominant.
    Sound design/mixing was a big challenge on this one. This was my first real 5.1 mix so I'm still learning - thanks for this feedback.
    3) The twist was broadcast to me from the first visit to her room. So unfortunately I new what was coming.
    You're clearly too savvy for a minor twist like that.

Fairly minor things in the scheme of things
    Thank you ... I appreciate the feedback!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    Thanks Neil! (see my response below within the spoiler)

The daughter twist was an interesting one... I'd be interested if others picked up on it, or if I was just lucky/unlucky enough to spot something?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    awesome work!