Thread: Silent Hill Revelations.

United States

Silent Hill Revelations.

Just saw this earlier tonight. I had broken out the first movie and watched it over two nights in preparation for this. Didn't help.
    I was left a little muddy on the original's plot, as I'd fallen semi asleep in there a few. I always seem to do that watching it. I mean, the action parts are fine and dandy, but the long boring stretches just zonk me out. Also forgot Laurie Holden is in it, with extremely short hair and a skintight cop outfit.
    So 5:10 was the only non 3D showing of this. It only cost me $4 each to get in, and I'm not much for shelling out extra dough for 3D unless it's something I just gotta see. Keeping possible losses to a minimum...
    Not going to spoil it for anyone who might want to get down with it, but I will say I didn't see much use in seeing it in 3D. Most of the time it was superdark. I will also say it was confusing as heck for me to keep up with the plot, it was very all over the place, and they had another chick playing the original girl. Guess they couldn't get the same creepy girl to play her grown up? I dunno.
    To me, this movie was much like the first one: visually kickass, but just too dang boring at times. Too much time between monstrosities with nothing worth filling those gaps in. The scenery is pretty amazing. I love how everything begins to rot when the darkness comes.
    I'd say it's worth seeing one time if you don't have to spend much, or waiting for on dvd when you can put it on a nice fat HD TV, or whatnot.
    One more thing: the triangle headed guy with the huge blade will make you fall in love with him before it's all over. He has a pretty decent battle with some demon chick that looks like a throwback to Hellraiser and they get it on pretty good.
    Btw, I used to own some of the games on the PS1, but I never played them. Not a big freak, but some of the creatures look awesome. The boner popping nurses make an appearance in this movie. They are the best.
    Saw the movie came in at number 5 last weekend. Doesn't look like many peoples are seeing it. Haven't seen any reviews yet. Anyone here seen it?

Super Moderator

United States
    Nice review, RonGravy. Been wondering if I should ever try the first film as a one-off. I liked the the first game, though I thought it relied too heavily on the bizarre, so I figured it would be a muddle...maybe I'll give the 1st film a go, though.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    I thought the first film was pretty decent. The first half anyway. It sorta loses wind at the end. But enjoyable overall. I think it's one of the best adaptations of a game, if that's anything to go by.

But, I wasn't looking forward to a sequel. By and large sequels aren't that great and I can't imagine a sequel to 'Silent Hill' breaking any traditions. I'll give it a go on DVD, like Ron says though. It might be an good beer and pizza film on a Friday night.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I thought the first film was pretty decent. The first half anyway. It sorta loses wind at the end. But enjoyable overall. I think it's one of the best adaptations of a game, if that's anything to go by.
    I have to agree, I kinda liked the first one. I wasn't overly impressed with the story, but I do think the camera work and the cinematography was pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    ]I'll give it a go on DVD, like Ron says though. It might be an good beer and pizza film on a Friday night.
    Yeah, that's probably the plan for myself for this flick, too.

Oh, and the nurses? GIGGITY!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 02-Nov-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: .

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Not that great

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kaushalsingh View Post
    Not that great
    Whoa, banned. Que pasa?!?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hm, I'd like to rent it... But theaters are too expensive for a gamble, at least for me. Looks pretty neat though, so it's definitely on my list.
    *takes a deep breath* Ah, I missed this place...