Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elite: Dangerous (PC game) - Successor to "Elite"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I'm thinking of having a punt on it soon. Might wait til after the next patch.

The price is still pretty hefty at the moment, but the more I read, the more I like.
    Just remember - Hell of a brutal learning curve! Loads of YouTube videos on most topics to help you!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Learning curves can be good.

I remember reading the manual for 'F-15' years ago. Hours, it took...hours.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Ireland
    Right. I bit the bullet and bought it.

Flew through the tutorials and am now downloading the main game files.

The installer is a bit of a dick.

Ireland
    I'm home.

Attachment 1369

Administrator

England
    While out exploring, I stopped by to admire some icesteroids...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvEspDE880
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    What are you flying?

Administrator

England
    What are you flying?
    Gone out exploring for a couple of weeks in a 34+ly jumping Asp...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow, that looks cool.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Wow, that looks cool.
    I must admit, exploration is strangely enjoyable. It - like a lot of the game - definitely needs more content/depth, but it's still fun.

I'm hoping over the next one or two months they add a load of content/depth to it, as it's desperately thin in places!

Pretty stars!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImYoy_djE8

Black hole! This effect needs some TLC and improving IMHO!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORq2s4MIwY

Nice little effect. You're in a station, but sometimes you forget it's rotating! Sunlight through the docking bay door reminds you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oon4Lwm_zHM
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    There's lots of nice effects and the game looks great, but it's very empty yet.

Like 'DayZ' it has the ability to be one of the greatest games ever made. I just hope all the promises turn out to be real. I'm still in a Cobra making money from killing, because speiss pew pews and assassinations are about the most interesting thing going on at the moment.

Administrator

England
    There's lots of nice effects and the game looks great, but it's very empty yet.

Like 'DayZ' it has the ability to be one of the greatest games ever made. I just hope all the promises turn out to be real. I'm still in a Cobra making money from killing, because speiss pew pews and assassinations are about the most interesting thing going on at the moment.
    Well, 1.2 is coming out soon with the Wings addon for group play. Unless there's the mission to back it up I'm not entirely sure of the point.

It does at least have an external camera at long last!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9yrG-0xTC4

V1.3 (next month) needs depth/mission/something added to make it more interesting!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Aye. The wings thing isn't going to bother me one bit TBH.

Administrator

England
    Really not impressed with their V1.3 release.

It just packages up the existing grind in the game, and basically makes you join Powers to so your grind increases bar charts...

Really not impressed so much time and effort has gone into simply orchestrating the same grind mechanics in the game, rather than making the universe and what you do in it deeper and more interesting!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Oh, that's a shame.

I haven't played the game since April and was hoping for a bit more expansion.

England
    This is coming to the Xbone
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA