Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warm Bodies (film)

Twitching

United States
    Umm not sure bout this one,
    Might, MIGHT give it a shot when it hits HBO/Showtime, but definitely not squeezing out some all-too-lean $$ on such a risk. If I hated it, I'd be beating myself up for weeks for spending 10$ on it...

England
    Count me in. This looks a surprisingly good comedy
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Tibet
    I'll probably catch it. Still looks more appealing than WWZ, and the actress showed more emotion in the trailer than Kristin Stewart did in the whole damn series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Okay, for something sold sort of as a "twilight with zombies" that actually doesnt look that bad if im honest.

Administrator

England
    Another +ve review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60686

WARM BODIES is a nice little film that walks the fine line between romantic comedy and zombie flick well enough to make the hybrid successful on all accounts. Levine's script, adapted from the novel, is sharp and smart, particularly in R's voiceover, and the outrageousness of a human-zombie romance is quickly settled by the performances of Hoult and Palmer. I was pessimistic when I first heard the idea behind WARM BODIES, but, after giving it a look, I walked away fairly impressed, having enjoyed a sweet film about love and so much more.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Cinema Blend loves it with 4.5/5!

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/W...dies-6296.html

Some audiences may get tripped up by the movie’s slower-than-the-average-comedy pace, but if you allow yourself to invest in the characters and story the movie pays dividends. Warm Bodies is a funny, sweet, romantic, fun ride – what else can you ask for?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I just saw it and loved it. It'll give you feels for zombies like you've never had before.
    Lots of good stuff, and Rob Corddry steals every scene he's in as the lovestruck zombie's sort of best friend.
    It was a great movie to watch with a full room. There were so many shared awwwwwwwwwwwwwws. I also got there actually 30 minutes before it started. Got us all situated, dropped off all my candy, and got a preshow kushfest on to maximize viewing pleasure.
    Awesome movie, lots of heart. See it.
    A+.
    Last edited by rongravy; 03-Feb-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: ...

Administrator

England
    I'll try and see it in about a weeks time!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Saw it again. Still loved it. The crowd was alot smaller this time, but the "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"s were still out in full force. Just checked, and saw it made only around $58 million so far. Hope somehow there is a sequel.
    Guess no one saw it yet. Harrummphff.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Saw it again. Still loved it. The crowd was alot smaller this time, but the "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"s were still out in full force. Just checked, and saw it made only around $58 million so far. Hope somehow there is a sequel.
    Guess no one saw it yet. Harrummphff.
    I missed it at the cinema in the end
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I didn't think it was so bad. Obviously not meant to be an honest effort for the genre, but more of a Romeo and Juliet with zombies.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Mar-2013 at 11:23 AM.

United States
    Went to it with a bunch of friends from nursing school. It was a nice fun flick, brave enough to be original, and it managed to just stray above being too campy.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

England
    I'm quite a patient person but this one of those where I lost interest after 50 ish minutes.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I didn't think it was so bad. Obviously not meant to be an honest effort for the genre, but more of a Romeo and Juliet with zombies.
    You mean a Romero and Juliet?

It's still playing at the discount theater. I've already seen it twice, so I'm waiting on the dvd.