Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x06 "Hounded" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Administrator

England
    Really disappointed to see carol alive, it would have been epic to have daryl open the door and zombie carol lunge out just to be put down. Would be the first time she'd thrown herself at him

Anyway,

i really hope their building up to her suicide like in the comics..
    its amazing how they have turned a midly annoying comic book character into a dull, annoying as hell, cringe worthy, drab tv show character.. cant wait for her to bite the dust.

Dead

United States
    If I didn't know better I'd think you had a crush on carol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Really disappointed to see carol alive, it would have been epic to have daryl open the door and zombie carol lunge out just to be put down. Would be the first time she'd thrown herself at him

Anyway,

its amazing how they have turned a midly annoying comic book character into a dull, annoying as hell, cringe worthy, drab tv show character.. cant wait for her to bite the dust.
    So then, you DON'T like Carol? Just wondering, your words seem rather ambiguous...
    Last edited by babomb; 20-Nov-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: ..

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    If I didn't know better I'd think you had a crush on carol!!
    I know, right?! It's like Andy is pulling her pigtail...err--crew cut! We got it, Andy; much love for Carol. Now please stop dwelling on her, she won't like you as much if she knows how hard you've fallen

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I know, right?! It's like Andy is pulling her pigtail...err--crew cut! We got it, Andy; much love for Carol. Now please stop dwelling on her, she won't like you as much if she knows how hard you've fallen
    In Andys defense, I've been a lot harsher on Andrea than he has been on Carol.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yikes. I don't understand the extreme Carol hate. There are worse and more useless characters on the show, imo....

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yikes. I don't understand the extreme Carol hate. There are worse and more useless characters on the show, imo....
    I don't mind Carol. But I can kinda see why someone would dislike her. Think about it - she's entirely to blame for the slow pace of Season 2. They were searching for HER daughter.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 20-Nov-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: afdadg

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Fishtank-head guy #7 and fishtank-head guy #12 have been mailing it in on their scenes, haven't they?

Nah, I agree with Bassman, you get an everyday person who isn't a supercommando or a Hollywood beautiful person and she gets hated on. Yeah, she's not fulfilling any zed apocalypse fantasies...or many other sorts of fantasies, for that matter, but it's a counterbalance sort of character and the actress actually does a decent job when they give her sensible lines and scenes.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    not really understanding all the carol-hating either. she seems like the every-woman type character, and gives the show more believability.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Carol and Darryl are two of the remaining interesting characters on the show, so I'm glad she was found alive. In this wasteland of poorly portrayed comic book clichés, it's nice to have some characters who're just ordinary people.

Episode 6 was good, but the show is not great anymore. Feeling a bit bummed about it.

Banned User

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Carol and Darryl are two of the remaining interesting characters on the show, so I'm glad she was found alive. In this wasteland of poorly portrayed comic book clichés, it's nice to have some characters who're just ordinary people.

Episode 6 was good, but the show is not great anymore. Feeling a bit bummed about it.

I agree about Carol. A very believable character who is adapting from every day life to this crazy world. I think everyone here acts as if they would become Daryl or Rick if this ever happened when in reality most people would act like little bitches and may grow and become adapted just like carol has.
    I disagree, I enjoy this show as much as the first season if not more.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    In Andys defense, I've been a lot harsher on Andrea than he has been on Carol.
    Yeah, but we all understand that's only because you got a thing for the Governor, so we don't make a big deal about it....
    Last edited by babomb; 21-Nov-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: .

Ireland
    I like Carol. I think she's a decent character and I've probably said it before, but Melissa McBride is doing a really good job with her. She's a character so ordinary that there isn't any umph in playing her, I'd imagine. Those characters are often the hardest to play. a role like that forces you to be subtle, but you still have to be good at your game to make an impact.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Fishtank-head guy #7 and fishtank-head guy #12 have been mailing it in on their scenes, haven't they?

Nah, I agree with Bassman, you get an everyday person who isn't a supercommando or a Hollywood beautiful person and she gets hated on. Yeah, she's not fulfilling any zed apocalypse fantasies...or many other sorts of fantasies, for that matter, but it's a counterbalance sort of character and the actress actually does a decent job when they give her sensible lines and scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I like Carol. I think she's a decent character and I've probably said it before, but Melissa McBride is doing a really good job with her. She's a character so ordinary that there isn't any umph in playing her, I'd imagine. Those characters are often the hardest to play. a role like that forces you to be subtle, but you still have to be good at your game to make an impact.
    Agreed, I don't understand the Carol hatin' either - McBride does a ruddy good job, but I would like to see her get the opportunity to muck in a bit more (like in 3x01 when she was helping take out some walkers). As there would be in such a group, you're going to have personalities that are a bit more 'back seat', who relate to anyone pretty easily - they're a counterpoint to the big personalities and the leaders in the group. Carol's managed to maintain a humanity throughout all she's been through, and her pairing-of-sorts with Daryl is interesting too - they help keep the human heart of the show beating while the big guns are struggling to keep everything in check (they have less time to deal with the emotional strains as they have practical concerns that are constantly biting at their heels which have to be dealt with).

I don't understand the Andrea hate either ... I can understand a bit of it, to an extent, but I don't agree with it. Never understood the sheer hate that Lori got so often either, that was unfair despite the fact that she clearly had flaws and made wrong decisions ... but it was interesting to see not a dry eye in the house when she was taken down.

Undisclosed
    Ok, the Michonne ninja scene at the start of the episode was ridiculous. Six episodes in and she is still nothing more than flat fan service. I really hope we get to see the Michonne from the comics a bit more in future episodes but after this I have all but given up on her.

The Carol reappearance was handled poorly. I really like the character but she needs better writing. Just like Ned said: it's the more realistic, everyday characters that make the series good.

Don't get all the Andrea hate either. Apart from the fact she keeps falling for the wrong dudes perhaps? All the pouting doesn't help either I guess ...

Months on the road in a zombie apocalypse did not change the fact Maggy is still too well groomed, face full of make up and eye liner and generally looking like she just visited a hairdresser. The actress is a pretty lady but still, I can suspend disbelief only so far. I wonder what's in store for her over in Woodbury. I'm guessing we will get to see more of the Governor's crazy side realy soon.
    Last edited by krisvds; 21-Nov-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    To be fair, Maggie was fairly grubby (like everyone else) when she first arrived at the prison, but all of them have had the opportunity since taking the prison over to scrub up a bit. Even if it's a bucket of cold water and some soap, you'd be desperate for a clean-up if you'd been living in the same fetid clothes for months on end that had only received a rinse in a stream now-and-then.