Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x06 "Hounded" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x06 "Hounded" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

The sixth episode of season three - keep your discussion of 3x06 to this thread, don't post about it in the shoutbox, and as always keep any future comic book storylines/spoilers within "spoiler tags" (if you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes') - and finally, ENJOY THE DISCUSSION!

England
    Hmmm. I wonder if we'll find out tonight what these "experiments" that Milton is conducting are?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Dying

United States
    Pace is still really moving along. Glenn and Maggie now captive at Woodbury. Andrea spreading her legs for "Phillip." Michonne shot and wounded, found her way to the prison. Rick went through his entire "insanity phase" in the space of an episode, getting closure from that final telephone call. (Brushing side that arc instead of focusing on it kinda makes sense.) And Carol discovered by Daryl.

I wonder if...

Maggie is going to replace Michonne as the torture victim at Woodbury? And Glenn would go into a rage? Perhaps Rick and Co. will go after them instead of the other way around, this time, attacking the governments place as 'the savages' to get their friends back? Although their numbers certainly aren't strong at all.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 23-Feb-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: rabblerabble

United States
    Boy o boy, I feel sorry for poor Maggie if...

she's destined to take the place of Michonne in Woodbury. If they do go that route, I suspect they will use Merle in place of the governor. Speaking of whom, it looks like the whole "Merle seems like a good guy now" debate can be put to rest; he's still scumbag Merle. If Glenn and/or Maggie are hurt in Woodbury, you know Daryl will absolutely stand opposed to Merle.

I hope the phone calls deal has been more or less wrapped up in this episode, as opposed to it going on for a long time. One thing I'm glad to see in this episode is Michonne getting to the prison!!

United States
    I'm still in a quandary on to why exactly they gave up on Carol in a flat second, she's not here, so she must not be anywhere was their reasoning I guess. They even dug a hole in the ground for the fun of it I guess, or to maybe just to troll the prison dudes who actually dug the hole.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Happy that they aren't going to drag Carol's absence like they did Sophia and the phone call plot was trimmed down and for the better IMO. Good episode and shit is about to get real!

The Michonne gut gag was indeed really cool and that final shot, while a little questionable, was pretty striking.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    Comic Book Men suck!!!
    Last edited by babomb; 19-Nov-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: ..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Comic Book Men suck!!!

Agreed.

Anyway, another great episode. I'm seriously impressed with Season Three so far. The main thing i'm taking away from this episode - i'm happy the "Lori is alive" rumors can be put to rest. Although....we didn't actually see Axel this episode so he may be sewing Lori up.

While Michonne walking up to the prison fence with walkers around her seemed similar to her introduction to the prison in the comic, i'm kinda disappointed to see the whole "smell" thing coming up again. I've never really liked that and until now held onto the hope that only the characters believed the walkers could smell them but it wasn't necessarily true. Maybe they were ignoring them because they were acting like walkers. Well....I can't say that anymore. Michonne's actions in this episode just further cemented the walkers' scent recognition into TWD TV series' history....
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Nov-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Actually, this episode kind of pointed out something a little strange. How many of the group would still be alive had they bothered to remember that smearing a little zombie guts on themselves would make the dead ignore them?

Seriously, it was in the 2nd episode, and then the idea just went away, and here it is brought up again.
    Last edited by erisi236; 19-Nov-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: more to say

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Damn this is a fun ride.

There is gonna be one hell of a153503352 show down between Merle and Daryl. My guess still says Daryl's loyalty will end up with his group and may have to kill Merle. It's clear now Merle is a bad person. No silver lining with him.

Im starting to enjoy Michonne more. Personally I wouldnt take a sword to a gun fight but heck she's pulled it off. Andrea wants to be strong and in charge but actually is the least fit to lead and weak. Gov can't risk Andrea meeting with a beat up Glenn and what ever poor Maggie may face. I actually enjoyed Michonnes approach to the prison and Rick spotting her. She is going to expose the group to the evil that is Woodbury and most importantly reveal Andrea and Merle's survival.

This show just keeps delivering for me each week. I'm glad we still have Carol but what is the point of her repeatingly pushing on the door? And ofcourse unable to speak out.....reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween 2 unable to yell at Loomis, deputy and nurse. So welcome back Carol, not very exciting character but interesting on other levels

United States
    The smell thing is pretty annoying and I hope it just goes away again. It's too easy of a way for the group to defend themselves.

I also don't mid Carol. They made what could have been a drag of a broken character and made her into a loyal fighter. Pretty cool turnaround. Hopefully she recovers quickly and doesn't bog the group down.

Anyway, if the slower episodes in season 3 are this good then all is good.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    I'm kind of shocked Michonne didn't try to help Glen and Maggie, since she's partly to blame for them getting caught up in her fight with Merle.
    Also, looked to me like she just got grazed by Merle. Or an in and out, that bootay can take it.

Undisclosed
    It looks as though Michonne lugged that grocery basket full of baby formula to the pirson. That was nice of her, plus it will make her story more believable to Rick's gang.

United States
    damn, when maggie and glenn were taken by surprise by ol' merle, i was almost sick thinking about what might happen to those two poor love-birds....and i got a bad feeling that comic fans know what i'm talking about...(those who've already mentioned it may want to take it down for the sake of those unfamiliar with the books). i'm predicting that

merle gets payback by taking off glenn's arm and then proceeds to rape maggie. makes me sick just thinking about it, but i guess they weren't kidding when they said the show wouldn't pull any punches this season.

cool to see michonne stepping up a bit, but i've gotta say that i was rather disappointed she didn't just ninja herself over there and end merle's sorry life when he was abducting glenn and maggie. her ambush of merle's group in the woods earlier proved that she is indeed stealthy and deadly as hell (almost a bit over the top, in my opinion), and i was kinda let down she didnt' spring out from behind a vehicle and take merle's other hand off....along with his fucking head.

glad to see rick got over his phone-insanity so fast, i thought it was cheesy in the comics and was a bit surprised they brought it up, but now it's over (hopefully), so let's move on, shall we? by the way, i didn't pick up on amy's voice, but i totally recognized jim and jackie's voices, as did my buddy's gf. kinda predictable, all in all.

can't wait till next week, really interested in how all this is going to play out before the mid-season finale coming up in two episodes. way better than last week, for sure.

United States
    I'm just gonna assume Michonne was injured and didn't want to take the chance and attack Merle and make things worse for everyone. Plus, it was a good way for her to find out about the prison and get the supplies there and meet the old gang.

Prof Chaos, in your show spoiler, I was thinking the same thing. I really do hope it doesn't go that route.