Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x07 "When The Dead Come Knocking" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x07 "When The Dead Come Knocking" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

The seventh episode of season three - keep your discussion of 3x07 to this thread, don't post about it in the shoutbox, and as always keep any future comic book storylines/spoilers within "spoiler tags" (if you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes') - and finally, ENJOY THE DISCUSSION!

Dead

United States
    This mid-season break shit sucks!!!!

England
    First time (for TWD) writer and director tonight. Frank Renzulli and Daniel Sackheim. Both have a stack of credits in TV inc The Sopranos and all the way back to Hitchcock Presents amongst many others. I remember Mazzara getting particularly excited about Frank Renzulli.
    Should be interesting.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    This mid-season break shit sucks!!!!
    good thing we don't have to worry about it till next week, then!

i don't mind it so much, honestly. i think i'd rather have it structured that way, makes the season seem longer. and with the holidays and whatnot, the time during the break will go rather quickly.

as for tonight's episode, i love the title, and am totally jazzed and excited to view it, more so than any other episode thus far. should be awesome and set up things nicely for next week's mid-season finale.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 25-Nov-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    good thing we don't have to worry about it till next week, then!

i don't mind it so much, honestly. i think i'd rather have it structured that way, makes the season seem longer. and with the holidays and whatnot, the time during the break will go rather quickly.

as for tonight's episode, i love the title, and am totally jazzed and excited to view it, more so than any other episode thus far. should be awesome and set up things nicely for next week's mid-season finale.
    Agreed about the mid season break. It splits everything up nicely if you watch Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Game of Thrones as well. This way there is something on nearly every week that I love.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    So, two questions

1) Will Merle kill Daryl or will he turn against the Gov?
    2) Will Andrea try to take out one of the group?

Oh, and Glenn... Holy shit! The guy can fight!

Dead

United States
    This episode kind of deviates from the same ol same ol of just directly continuing what happened in the previous episode/s.
    Probably just because they're now trying to get to Woodbury so we get some new surroundings and events. Seeing the same thing every episode gets old, back and forth between the prison and woodbury. The last few episodes it seems were just constantly scene cuts from a room in the prison to a room in woodbury. I need to see a little more of the world they're in to keep me interested.
    It was refreshing when they ran into those walkers and found that house. I felt like a kid that's been grounded for a few weeks and finally let free.

Michonne killed that guy in the house and gave everyone a look like "haven't you guys learned anything". Maybe it was just her usual scowl? Who can tell with her? She's too 1 dimensional. You know the actress can do better! She's probably bound by the writing. It was nice to see them throw that guy to the walkers like that. I think they're too passive with moments like that. Stuff like that would be commonplace in that reality.

Those wild one armed swings with the katana don't seem like they'd be enough to cause a complete decapitation. Might be nitpicking, but I don't think so. Like Chris Hardwick said, "walkers are softer, they cut like cheese".

- - - Updated - - -

Next episode looks awesome though!!!
    Last edited by babomb; 26-Nov-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I thought tonights episode was awesome, I can hardly wait for next weeks.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    So, two questions

1) Will Merle kill Daryl or will he turn against the Gov?
    2) Will Andrea try to take out one of the group?

Oh, and Glenn... Holy shit! The guy can fight!
    1.) I think Daryl will end up killing Merle

I was starting to like Michonne but for the love of God speak up. I realize it's the writers keeping the suspense but for her not to mention Andrea and the one armed ass that Andrea explained the story about her previous group. Michonne is supposedly smart so it shouldn't be a far reach for her to draw some conclusions that this may be Andreas group.

Kudos for carol and ricks moment after she met the baby. Carols reaction was well played

United States
    Some pretty awesome scenes tonight. Glenn is that dude, man!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    They wussed out on the Gov violating Maggie! Compared to what actually should have happened in that scene, the way they did it was just weak.
    I'm not saying I want to see or expect them to show it going on. But I figured they'd at least allude to it a bit more. I wonder what caused them to go so conservative with that scene.
    Last edited by babomb; 26-Nov-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: .

United States
    They wussed out on the Gov violating Maggie! Compared to what actually should have happened in that scene, the way they did it was just weak.
    I'm not saying I want to see or expect them to show it going on. But I figured they'd at least allude to it a bit more. I wonder what caused them to go so conservative with that scene.
    Female viewers maybe? Rape is a touchy subject. And let me apologize in advance for posting from my phone. I see my posts after and wonder how I butchered it.

United States
    I noticed that too but in the end, if the show has to sacrifice certain things, then the scene doesn't have to go all the way. I rather have the gore.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    i thought tonight was great overall, but will echo the sentiments that i'm a bit let down that the governor didn't do what everyone familiar with the comics assumed he would....i mean, i'd hate for that to happen to maggie (or anyone for that matter, that should go without saying), but if they're trying to make this guy a detestable villain, they really missed out on a golden opportunity right there.

and i'll also agree that michonne needs to lighten the fuck up...every scene she's in, all she does is scowl and snarl. not a very interesting character. i really expected her to warm to rick's group a bit more than what she did. i guess she still has reasons to be wary, but seriously, each time we see her, she's got the same look on her face and tone to her voice.

and i really hope andrea's story arc steps up a notch. seems like the only thing she's good for is eye candy, with half her clothes off and ass hanging out in the last two episodes. i suppose a bit of her character showed tonight when she was waiting for the old guy to prove milton and his theories wrong, but she's still quite lame and uninteresting. i am interested to see how she reacts when/if she finds out about the group, what happened to shane, etc...

and yes, glenn is indeed the man. talk about an intense moment. between the interrogation by merle and the battle with the walker, his repek points just shot way up in my book.

and speaking of battles, next week looks amazing. full-out assault by rick and the gang on woodbury, daryl finding out about merle, andrea possibly recognizing the group members there at the skirmish. and you just know that they're gonna leave us with a bitch of a cliff-hanger to sit on all winter....and i can't wait to see it all go down!

United States
    Hmm, I guess we won't be seeing any Bub zombies in this show, heh.

Actually kind of interesting I guess that they want to keep these zombies as totally mindless killing machines instead of the somewhat pitiable faint echos of the people they used to be types from the "of the dead" movies.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."