Thread: The Collection (film)

United States

The Collection (film)

http://www.thecollectionmovie.com/
    Anyone going to see this? The first movie was awesome. I remember coming away loving it.
    It also seems like it took a butt load of time to get another made, even though it's only been 3 years. I'm pretty psyched for this, I want to see if they truly expand on the original, or if it's going to be crap, like Jeepers Creepers 2 was.
    I also didn't know that it was originally intended as a prequel to Saw. I'm glad they scrapped that.
    Getting the boner pants ready...
    Who's with me?

Super Moderator

United States
    Hadn't seen the original, not sure what to make of this one, but I'd give it a shot.

I actually like Josh Stewart as an actor, not so much because of some great ability (though he' seems solid), but he has good stage presence and sort of a singular look that marks him as different from a lot of cut and paste leading-men style actors. He was also in TWD: Cold Storage webisodes and has a bit recurring role in Criminal Minds, so I'm biased.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Freakin' LOVE the first one. I'll be watching it again tonight before I go see the sequel tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it does not disappoint.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    He was also in TWD: Cold Storage webisodes and has a bit recurring role in Criminal Minds, so I'm biased.
    Woops, totally forgot about those. And you need to get a hold of the first one. I ran out and rented it earlier today, smoked out, and rewatched it. Still a sweeet movie. The Collector Dood is one creepy... uhhh, dood.

Rarely have I been treated to a sequel of something I liked. Even rarer is me liking said sequel.
    High hopes...
    Can't wait to return with a thumbs up review. I know I'm a bit premature, but I can feel it in my corns.

Undisclosed
    Saw it last night. Could've been worse but could've been better too. Very satisfying ending. 5 out of 10.

Being Attacked

Aaland
    I am going to watch it soon as i find the story of man who escapes from the vicious grips of the serial killer known as "The Collector" is blackmailed to rescue an innocent girl from the killer's booby-trapped warehouse interesting! Have seen the old one also hopes it will be better than that!
    Last edited by aaron2; 14-Dec-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: double time

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
    I am going to watch it soon as i find the story of man who escapes from the vicious grips of the serial killer known as "The Collector" is blackmailed to rescue an innocent girl from the killer's booby-trapped warehouse interesting! Have seen the old one also hopes it will be better than that!
    Saw it opening weekend. Enjoyed it. Don't know if it tops the first, which was great IMO. It was missing a certain "something" that I couldn't place until later: I think having seen the unrated DVD of the 1st, having seen the R rated sequel made it feel a little tamer. I think seeing it unrated on DVD will give it more "bite".

It did have some neat ideas & it fleshed out the character of The Collector more without spilling everything. And I LOVED the ending!!! Brings the first one full circle in a way & leaves the door wide open for a sequel while acting as definite end if they DON'T make another. You can take it either way.