Thread: Shock Treatment (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Shock Treatment (film)

Just the other week I was at a surprise showing at a pub and they put on Shock Treatment. Having seen Rocky Horror Picture Show a long time ago, I was sort off aware of what I was going into but what I was more interested in is how the vast cult following of the Rocky Horrow show greeted Shock Treatment. It's a sequel, of sorts, made by and starring the same people. Surely the cult has got to have some kind of love for it?

Also, the girl who played Janet in Shock Treatment was actually superior to Susan Sarandon, I think.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Just the other week I was at a surprise showing at a pub and they put on Shock Treatment. Having seen Rocky Horror Picture Show a long time ago, I was sort off aware of what I was going into but what I was more interested in is how the vast cult following of the Rocky Horrow show greeted Shock Treatment. It's a sequel, of sorts, made by and starring the same people. Surely the cult has got to have some kind of love for it?

Also, the girl who played Janet in Shock Treatment was actually superior to Susan Sarandon, I think.
    Not really, more of a yawn, since Shock Treatment was more of a jaded attempt to recreate the happy accident which was Rocky Horror. Jessica Harper who played Janet, was likely better known to film fans from her roles in My Favorite Year (82) and Pennies From Heaven (81) both almost cultish in their own ways.

Wayne Z

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    It was okay. Nothing compared to RHPS though.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I couldn't get into Shock Treatment. Hell....for the longest time I couldn't get into RHPS but my wife loves it and it eventually grew on me.

I think i've only seen ST once or twice and don't really care to revisit it.
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Jan-2013 at 02:52 PM.