Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is TWD the death of the zombie movie?

United States
    To me, whether it's a single film or an entire television series, it's all about the writing. One would think that after the complete crap George Lucas did when he thought HE could write the dialogue for SW Episodes I, II & III (the second three movies) that he killed all SciFi space-laced movies and series forever! Thankfully that was not the case.

Same holds for the Dead movies and TWD. Give us good storylines, give us good writing and compelling dialogue, and we'll be there with popcorn & pop in hand!
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 31-Jan-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    Sunday. Watching the TWD marathon on the tube. Gf asleep. First Season, Episode 2. Wait... hold on a second thar Baba Louie!

Noticed that when our heroes excecute their escape from being trapped in that Atlanta department store that they leave in that truck and noisey red Mustang. Very cool, but... how exactly did T-Dog, Andrea, Glenn and company get to Atlanta initially before they met up with Rick? Surely they didn't walk, and there was no reference to any vehicle they used. It should have still been parked where they left it so in episode 4 (the Merl rescue from the rooftop mission) when Rick, Daryl, Glenn and T-Dog are shocked to see that their truck is missing when ready to return to the camp, the original car should have still been there with a few Walker police parking tickets on it, no?

Just say'n...
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 04-Feb-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Fresh Meat

United States
    I don't think so. I love the TWD show, but also love zombie movies. The best thing can come out of it, is that it will make more people zombies fans and this will expand into more TV and Movies produced. The only thing that is killing zombies movies are low budget, bad acting and poorly written movies that are being produced today.

Fresh Meat

United States
    I thought I might chime in if I may. First of all, I enjoy TWD very much. I'm watching last weeks episode right now and excited for the new episode.

To answer the OP...No. I think the whole zombie craze is bigger than it's ever been. TWD will not kill Zombie films and I also agree that the over saturation of El Crappo El Cheapo "zombie" movies hurt viewers the most. There are too many people out there with a case of beer and a handycam wanting to "make a movie" with all of their care free buddies.

On a final note...I wish they didn't have so many damn commercials! Seems you only get about 30 actual minutes of show and 30 minutes of sales pitches for things I don't need.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by aceofspades View Post
    I thought I might chime in if I may. First of all, I enjoy TWD very much. I'm watching last weeks episode right now and excited for the new episode.

To answer the OP...No. I think the whole zombie craze is bigger than it's ever been. TWD will not kill Zombie films and I also agree that the over saturation of El Crappo El Cheapo "zombie" movies hurt viewers the most. There are too many people out there with a case of beer and a handycam wanting to "make a movie" with all of their care free buddies.

On a final note...I wish they didn't have so many damn commercials! Seems you only get about 30 actual minutes of show and 30 minutes of sales pitches for things I don't need.
    This is why Jesus invented DVD's/Blu-Rays and internet downlooting.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    This is why Jesus invented DVD's/Blu-Rays and internet downlooting.
    Jesus did that??? lol