Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Thread: Something about yourself that no-one else knew before

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Exclamation Serious Thread: Something about yourself that no-one else knew before

This thread is for people to get shit off their chest and say something they've never said before about themselves...

So, I've been thinking about a lot of things recently and recent events in my personal life have been getting to me. There are things that people don't really know about me and despite the fact that we here are like one big, frakked up family, I feel like sometimes, there are thing people should know, so they can decide if it's really important to the relationship we may have on here as friends and fellow zombie enthusiasts. I've been a member of this place since 2006, and a lurker for a lot longer... I think i've been using HPOTD since it first started lol

So, I've decided to take a huge risk and tell you guys something that you may or may not know about me. This is a big thing for me to say so I'm VERY scared right now...

Since I was 21 or so, I've been dealing with Mental health issues, namely, Borderline Personality Disorder. This is something which at one point in the not too distant past, damn near destroyed my life.

Wow.... that was scary...

Ok guys, your turn... don't leave me hanging here....

England
    When I was 23 I went through a shitty period with my mental health, amphetamines and ecstasy on the club scene which I stupidly got into had turned an out going confident 21 year old into a 23 year old frightened ball of OCD and anxiety who was terrified I was going to end up schizophrenic. It didn't happen, and time healed all those problems to the point they are no longer there, and at 30 years old I have just been signed off as fit for service in the armed forces.
    Keep your chin up dude and remember you will come through it.

United States
    Severe Depressive Disorder w/a side of Anxiety and Panic Disorders here. Diagnosed about 13 years ago, but been dealing with for 30+ years now. Currently medicated. No professional treatment (yet).

Only nuggets of wisdom I can offer for you or anyone else in like situations are:

Seek professional help when needed. If you're at the point where you wonder if you need it or not, you probably do. If you think it won't help, do it anyway. It will. Same with whatever treatment they offer. Even if you think it won't/isn't helping, stick with it. Consult w/ professional as needed but DON'T just walk away cold turkey & throw in the towel.

Take it one day at a time. Just keep on keepin' on, & get through each day as it comes.

Good luck bro. Keep us posted.

United States
    My wife is diagonsed with BPD as well. I know how bad it can be. Trust me, it's just as rough being the support system as well. Just remember to always be thankful for those in your life that love you and help you through your worst times. Give me a shout if you ever need to know how things are from the other end but don't want to breech the subject with your own friends and family. Not always the easiest subject to discuss without things blowing up.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    This thread is for people to get shit off their chest and say something they've never said before about themselves...

So, I've been thinking about a lot of things recently and recent events in my personal life have been getting to me. There are things that people don't really know about me and despite the fact that we here are like one big, frakked up family, I feel like sometimes, there are thing people should know, so they can decide if it's really important to the relationship we may have on here as friends and fellow zombie enthusiasts. I've been a member of this place since 2006, and a lurker for a lot longer... I think i've been using HPOTD since it first started lol

So, I've decided to take a huge risk and tell you guys something that you may or may not know about me. This is a big thing for me to say so I'm VERY scared right now...

Since I was 21 or so, I've been dealing with Mental health issues, namely, Borderline Personality Disorder. This is something which at one point in the not too distant past, damn near destroyed my life.

Been there, done that - still looking to write the book ... LOL

I'm not being glib ( well, yes I am ) but one does end up developing a sort of dark humor to survive it all.

There's so much shit, so much that had happened in my life - and some recent stuff as well piling up to make me a bit crazed.

Let me sort through it all and see what might be helpful to share with you fine folk.

But otherwise, Cy, you're very aware that this is a problem - therefore you can look to get the help you need. As you do, I'll keep the faith for ya.

Wayne Z

Dead

United States
    I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I really never sought treatment.
    But I have alot of depression that came as a result of an incident when I was 15.
    In 1991 my 6 year old sister was murdered by a career pedophile. He abducted her a block away from our house and took her to rural Iowa, that was on Sept. 28th, 1991. We didn't find out she was dead until mid-Oct when a routine traffic stop, and an on the ball officer recognized the description of the truck. They had no information beside a possible description of the truck.
    After that I started getting in trouble alot. Drinking, using drugs, fighting. Didn't start to get it together until I was threatened with having to repeat my last year of high school.

My favorite time of year was always fall, october with halloween. It still is, but it's bitter sweet now.

United States
    I appreciate everyone sharing. I'm often in a down state just thinking about life and the grand scheme of things. I often wonder if 'this is really all there is' on a day to day basis. I have a good job, a loving wife, a solid extended family, but it still seems empty inside. When I was a kid I thought adulthood would be great but as I enter the last half of my 30's I yearn to be that kid again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Ok, here goes...

I'm a Ninja.

And a prick.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Ok, here goes...

I'm a Ninja.

And a prick.
    Read the first two words in the thread title.

Anyway, I had issues with depression when I was a teenager, but became a born-again Christian in the summer of 1998, which helped a lot.

Oh, and I studied Mortuary Science in college.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have had my share of shit, and deal with it on a personal level. However, now, I care about one thing and one thing only. Making money. I have a job churning me out so much money right now I am taking every ounce of it I can because when i turn 50 (8.5 more years) I am getting the f*ck outta dodge.

Every single day that goes by I just do not want to deal with people. I find most... MOST... people I interact day to day, are f*ckall stupid, and I can't be in a room with someone who I have to repeatedly tell the same shit too over and over again (Work related)

I have come to the mindset that i just wanna find an island some place, get juiced up and spend the rest of my days soaking up the sunshine.

The last 4+ years of this election shit and pure hatred I hear coming from the mouths on both sides, has set me off the most. I used to be a people person, now I would rather be a hermit.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 14-Jan-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I never thought this thread would get any replies, but what do you know!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I have come to the mindset that i just wanna find an island some place, get juiced up and spend the rest of my days soaking up the sunshine.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    BINGO, although I paraphrased it to fit my needs

- - - Updated - - -

However, when I am really down and out... I just rely on these

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Ok, here goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Read the first two words in the thread title.
    Wait, ME of all people makes a serious post and NED is the one who smart-asses it up?!?! WTF?!?!?

Every single day that goes by I just do not want to deal with people.
    Well, quite simply, this is due, in no small part, to the fact that people do, indeed, suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I often wonder if 'this is really all there is' on a day to day basis. I have a good job, a loving wife, a solid extended family, but it still seems empty inside.
    Sounds familiar. Honestly, IMO, this is all there is. You're born, you do some shit, you die, & none of it matters.

However, when I am really down and out... I just rely on these

I am so sick of them milking my nads to make this shit. Y'all need to grow yer own set.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post

nothing to be scared of, man. you are not alone. i've been dealing with mental health issues for about 20 years, mostly related to military service. Personality disorders have played a big part in what i've dealt with. anyone who knows me either on here or in the real world knows that i used to be about as stable as the San Andreas fault on a so-so day. whelp, after the VA has spent 3 years and probably several hundred thousand dollars on me, i'm much better...or at least functional.

on a funnier note: i'm actually kind of a really nice person in real life.
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Jan-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."