Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How we bearing up today, Britain?

Zombie Flesh Eater

England

How we bearing up today, Britain?

It's only a bit of snow but we always seem to go to shit in these conditions.

Already had to shovel the front yard because it's on a slight slope. Don't want any curry deliverymen slipping over and breaking their necks. I've noticed quite a lot of police patrolling the neighbourhood too. But yeah, falling quite heavy now. A lot of people will have trouble coming home from work tonight.
    Last edited by capncnut; 18-Jan-2013 at 10:57 AM.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Super Moderator

UK
    The snow is just beginning to ease off now, kind of a cake dusting amount of snow is coming down, but we've had several inches over night ... ooo-err missus ... so we're just hunkering down indoors all day today, hehe. I'm kind of surprised there's so many major roads closed - we knew full well this snow was coming, and yet the gritting hasn't come together all that properly ... hmmm.

Anyway, it looks rather nice outside so I'll just be window-gazing by the cosy radiator.

Administrator

England
    Snowed in... Live at the top of a hill, so going down hill in the snow = bad!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    We've had a good load here in sunny gloucester.

Just been helping the ankle biter build a Znowman
    Shame we dont get green snow!

Most places are shut, though it doesn;t seem as bad as it was about new year 3-4 years ago, when everything was open.
    Just seems like everywheres gone into panic shutdown.

HAGO, Rich

Still, just enjoy while it lasts.

Anyone remember the snow storms of the late 70's ..... the sound of big slabs of snow sliding off the roof while i was tucked up in bed still stick with me now ...SPLAT!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I've just traveled to Glasgow to Edinburgh, and I'm now on my way back, and I'm surprised to say that Scotland's central belt is almost totally snow- and ice-free. In fact, I'm looking out on glorious clear skies and soft golden-hour sunlight right the noo! Amazingly, there's even some warmth in the sun (although it's bloody nippy in the shade). Looks like a springtide eve!

My missus's mum was traveling down to Berwickshire, about forty miles south of Edinburgh, and apparently they're having a blizzard and the A1 is closed off apart from a single lane in places. What a difference forty miles can make, eh?
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 18-Jan-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Get on your Tauntauns and ride!!!
    And keep your eyes peeled for Wampas.

I live in Arkansas, but am from Missouri. They get snow here, but it's nothing compared to what I grew up with. It's also dangerous as heck because there are a butt ton of people who have never seen snow until they get here, like Mexicans, Marshallese, and Laotians.
    My favorite thing is when they all go outside and take thousands of pictures of their powdery funjinx. Wish it was like that for me. All I can think about is whether or not it's going to hinder me getting off at a decent time from work...
    So far it has only snowed here once this year, and that was in October. It was thankfully gone by the next day. You guys can have it.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Perhaps I speaketh too soon. Arriving in Glasgow now, and there's an immense cliff of roiling blue-white cloud looming on the southern horizon...

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Snowed in... Live at the top of a hill, so going down hill in the snow = bad!
    Same here. Well, not quite. Opened the front door a minute ago and there were a fair few inches piled up at the door.

But yeah, hate this weather. My body doesn't react well to it at all.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

It's only a bit of snow but we always seem to go to shit in these conditions.

Already had to shovel the front yard because it's on a slight slope. Don't want any curry deliverymen slipping over and breaking their necks. I've noticed quite a lot of police patrolling the neighbourhood too. But yeah, falling quite heavy now. A lot of people will have trouble coming home from work tonight.
    are the snow speeders acclimated to the conditions yet?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    are the snow speeders acclimated to the conditions yet?
    Yes, the curry speeder made it to its destination without any "imperial entanglements."

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Still coming down here in good old camden town. Think I might take the camera out and see what i can see

Super Moderator

UK
    There's another light sprinkling of snow dust coming down outside my window now. There's been a little bit of a thaw, but the bulk of the snow is still here. I'd say we had a good 6 or 7 inches of the white stuff.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd say we had a good 6 or 7 inches of the white stuff.
    Wrong kind of snow lol

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Wrong kind of snow lol
    You're telling me!

UK
    I am just going outside and may be some time