Thread: Kill List (film)

Undisclosed

Kill List (film)

Anyone seen this? Just saw it the other night and came away very impressed.
    Begins as a typical British kitchen sink drama, turns into a hitmen film before transforming into something altogether more sinister.
    Highly unsettling and very unpredictable. Solid acting, great writing and directing. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this Ben Wheatley.

Here's a trailer:

(sorry if old)

Ireland
    I saw it last year Kris, but to be honest, I came away from it a bit in two minds. As you say it starts of all "kitchen sink", like a Mike Leigh film or something, but by the end it's all

Dennis Wheatley
    and I wasn't sure what to make of it.

There's also a couple of moments of violence in it that even had me wincing.

Might be one to watch again.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's what I made of it:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...ngs-lists.html

Kill List:
    What's it about?
    Two hitmen - one of whom who has a dodgy past and has been out of the game too long - are contracted to pull off multiple kills, but something's not right, not least because the victims say thank you before they're offed in Ben Wheatley's dark British horror thriller.
    Who would I recognise in it?
    Neil Maskell, Michael Smiley, MyAnna Buring, Emma Fryer.
    Great/Good/Alright/Shite?
    Some might find it slow to get underway, initially focusing on the troubled marriage of a lower-middle-class couple, particularly the husband's askew mental state, but the time taken up-front pays off in the end with greater investment and impact in the closing scenes. Some have mentioned The Wicker Man in connection with this British horror flick, and some connections can be seen here and there. Ultimately, some might find the lack of answers or any real explanation in the third act, which can somewhat undo the genuine creepiness built up during Act II, to be a bit off-putting, but even still it's a cracking little chiller. Good.