Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS4 (console)

Super Moderator

Germany

PS4 (console)

There is a lot of talk about the new DualShock 4 controller. They seemed to have pulled off creating a larger controller that works well for those with larger hands as well as smaller ones.

Here is what one developer said:
    Alan Kertz, Lead Core Gameplay Designer for Battlefield 4 believes that the DualShock 4 controller for PlayStation 4 is far superior that the current DualShock and the Xbox 360 controller.Referring to the DualShock 4 as his “preference for Gen 4”, Kertz used Twitter to compare it to the Xbox 360 controller after being drawn into a debate by a curious Tweeter.
    “It's better shape, size, features, texture, triggers, sticks. Everything,” wrote Kertz.
    Source: http://www.psu.com/a019983/DualShock...ld-4-developer

Administrator

England
    ^^ Thread merged into the dedicated PS4 thread you'd already posted in
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    My day one purchase is Knack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8XMXqTAG4

I am still deciding on which of the remaining launch titles I will buy. I can't buy them all considering my wife and daughter plan on receiving yuletide gifts too.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Looks like the PS4 will run a lot cooler than any iteration of the PS3. If these specs are real it is a remarkable achievement.

http://playstationgang.com/revealed-...g-temperature/

Super Moderator

Germany

Super Moderator

Germany
    This is my first post from my fully functional PS4!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Nice, Kaos!

Please keep us updated on what you like/don't like about the PS4. I'm taking a wait and see on next gen consoles till late Winter/early Spring.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Hey. Congrats Kaos.
    Review please
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Cumon then... Thoughts?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Cumon then... Thoughts?
    I received my PS4 on Friday. I was up and running in minutes, I mean from unbox to full functionality. The Day One update took less than a minute to download, and only required a reboot to install. If you didn't have your PS4 connected to the internet you could download the update to your PC and install it from a flashdrive. I presume such installs were just as easy. This generation of game console is overall a much smoother experience. Quick and easy to navigate, excellent internet experience if you want to browse from your couch, dedicated apps like Netflix are very slick and responsive. I have been playing Resogun and Knack. The graphics are excellent- fine detail, smooth animation, full 1080 resolution. (I think it is pointless to bring out a "Next Gen" system that cannot kick out full 1080P. 720P was the go to res of the last generation. ) Knack is kind of like the Crash Bandicoot of this gen (it was developed by the creator of Crash Bandicoot). Knack has had spotty reviews, but to be honest I really like it. I also got Marvel Lego and Assassin's Creed which I have started playing yet. The controller feels different than the DS3. I haven't used the touchpad on it yet. I'm looking forward to Dying Light (zombie game), Evil Within (survival horror from the folks that brought us the original Resident Evil), Diablo III Ultimate Edition, Destiny, and the soon to be announced Fallout 4. I will add more when I have more to add.