Thread: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (film)

Administrator

England

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (film)

So any of you folks seen it? Opinion?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wow, I'm a bit shocked, and disappointed, that no one here saw this. I will admit it got some crappy reviews, if I remember correctly.
    However, I saw it tonight, and it was pretty awesome actually. The gore and FX were top shelf, as were the witches.
    I definitely enjoyed the look and feel of this film, and I'd definitely see a sequel, were it made.
    I really went into this with low expectations, admittedly. I'm not normally a big Jeremy Renner fan, but Hawkeye shines through here. It is kind of funny he's doing the bow thing again. Anyhoo...
    I liked it alot, and would definitely recommend it. Famke Janssen is great as the head baddie witchlady. The chick who plays Gretel is also one foin choice piece of ayass, as well. The piece de whatever is a lovable troll named Edward, he steals every scene he's in. I don't know how this got trashed. Maybe it shouldn't have been mostly only shown as 3D, lower prices might've helped it out some.
    Go see it if it's still around, or rent/buy the dvd/bluray and watch that badboy on an HD bigscreen. Very action packed, very visually pleasing.

Ireland
    To be honest, I'm getting really tired of old faerie tale (and historical) characters being "name raped" to sell new pictures.

'Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter'
    'Snow White and the Huntsman'
    and now 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters'

What's next? 'The Three Little Pigs - Werewolf Killers', or 'Rose Red: Dwarf Smasher'?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Seen the trailer, why do they need such stupid looking firearms?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    To be honest, I'm getting really tired of old faerie tale (and historical) characters being "name raped" to sell new pictures.

'Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter'
    'Snow White and the Huntsman'
    and now 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters'

What's next? 'The Three Little Pigs - Werewolf Killers', or 'Rose Red: Dwarf Smasher'?
    "Eco Babes in the Wood: The Lumberjack Massacre"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    P L E A S E ! ! ! !

The Asylum might just be reading this!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Some of us may actually work for them...

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Some of us may actually work for them...

Noooooooo!
    -Carl Sagan