Thread: Horrorhound Weekend - Cincy March 2013

Undisclosed

Horrorhound Weekend - Cincy March 2013

Hey everyone, is anyone hitting up the con this year? It's going to be at the Sharonville Convention Center (across the street from the hotel it always was at previously) and will be having LOTS of after party stuff going on, including a 5 band concert on Saturday night, a Zombie Ball, costume contest and a Coco Keys water park party (it's a part of the hotel). It's going to rock!

United States
    thanks for the heads-up. i am only about 3 hours from cincinatti, so it's definitely a possibility. the only factors would be funding, but that likely won't be an issue, so i'd say i'm about 90% sure i'll be there. my gf has never met anyone even "remotely famous", nor been to cincy, so she's probably gonna be more excited than i am.

if i do go, i plan to take my "the dead walk" newspaper to have savini and nicotero sign, and i'm also hoping to have a chance to talk with tony todd and the cast from the walking dead.

again, thanks for posting this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I live on the eastern edge of cincinnati. i might check this out.

one important question that determines everything else about you: you aren't a westsider are you?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    so, the girlfriend and i drove over three hours, got a room for two nights, and showed up saturday morning to see lines as far as the eye could see and gaggle-fucks of people everywhere, plus a large sign reading "sold out".....guess advance tickets would have been the way to go.

we killed some time, did some shopping, checked out the cincy art museum, had dinner, etc. went back this morning, got there about 45 mins before the doors even opened, and they were already posting signs about being sold out.

from what we read on the facebook page, we may have lucked out by not getting in, as even people with advance tickets found themselves waiting in line for crazy amounts of time. i read that it took over four hours of standing in line to meet norman reedus. i was a bit bummed, because i primarily wanted to get more autographs on my "the dead walk" newspaper from the day cast and i had a new night '90 poster for tony todd, bill mosely, and tom savini to sign.

anybody else try to attend this? any luck? next time, i think i'll avoid the ones with the walking dead crowd.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 25-Mar-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    s
    we killed some time, did some shopping, checked out the cincy art museum, had dinner, etc. went back this morning, got there about 45 mins before the doors even opened, and they were already posting signs about being sold out.
    the art museum is one the better things around here.

too bad you weren't here later in the spring or early summer. the entire eastern side of the city is covered in trees to the point where is looks like a green blanket has been thrown over it. that is another of the few great things about cincinnati. there is quite literally a tree planted in damn near every spot where one can be grown.

the entire ridge line near where i live in covered in wisteria trees. the entire frickin' hillside turns purple in the spring. makes for a very nice drive eastwards along the river.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Hey Mike70, I don't know how I missed replies to this thread, but here I am! No, I am not a Westsider, hahaha, I'm near Kenwood

The convention was insanity inside....... lots of "normal people" as I heard them being called who were just there for the Walking Dead people. It was a mess.....

And yes, if you didn't have a weekend pass, you were pretty much screwed on getting in. Let that be a lesson to you, get your passes now!