Thread: The Zombie Chronicles - Youtube mini-series

Administrator

England

The Zombie Chronicles - Youtube mini-series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27JhDOfN6g

Fans of the sub-genre will instantly recognize some of the scenery as we shot a portion of the opening credits at Evans City Cemetery in Pennsylvania which was the cemetery from the original "Night of the Living Dead"! We were lucky to have actors from Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York to graciously volunteer their time for our mini-series. And one of the stars of our mini -series, Joe Siriani, actually had a small speaking role in the movie "Ted"!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Not bad. I wouldn't watch it again, but I'd be interested in seeing how the story progresses.

The acting is really cheesy, and a lot of the dialogue feels way too forced, but that's gotta be expected with indie projects. But it felt like they were trying to play up the whole emotional aspect, trying to match the narrative of the Walking Dead too much, which also needs to be expected given the shows success. But there just wasn't enough atmospheric stuff. I'd like the camera to survey the post apocalyptic wasteland a lot more, with some wreckage and corpses and whatnot. Focusing on dialogue when you've got amateur actors isn't really a great idea, especially for a pilot - seeing them stumble through a deserted highway would be more easy to pull off acting wise and would be a much better introduction to hook the viewers in, as opposed to attempting to humanize the characters right off the bat. If I could suggest anything to the filmmakers, I'd suggest they focus on the actual horror as the actors gain some chops, then move on to the "human drama" stuff once the viewer is more hooked into the show.

The film quality looks rather crisp and the zombies were acted well. Not too over-the-top with the makeup, but they were believable enough.

Interested in seeing Episode 2, I expect it to get much better with each episode.