Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe I'll check it out then...
And for anyone worried of 'over Zombie-fication' in the style (think Halloween 2's transformation of Laurie Strode from sweet girl next door into mopey goth), there's barely any of it in here. It's basically Sheri Moon's dreadlocks and tattoos (a rock chick ex-junkie DJ, rather than the usual RZ lure of white trash, I'd say), and Jeff Daniel Phillip's giant beard, with a curious inclusion of imagery from "A Trip to the Moon" ... apart from that, it's still a wonderfully designed film, but it feels more filmic and not so over-dosed (again, Laurie Strode's bedroom & bathroom in Halloween 2) - I refer back to my mention of "Kubrickian" qualities.

It's also good in that RZ is working from his own material, rather than trying to fit into someone else's world. There have been sacrifices because of budget (let's say a median of $2m), such as a truncated prologue (originally intended to be grander), but in a way the low budget feels freeing at the same time - you can tell there's been no 'outside influence' like on H1 and H2, so it works better.

It's still a film that has clearly split opinions out there, but I really enjoyed it ... well, rather than go over it again, just read my review, which says it all really.

I didn't want to spoil it in the review, but there are some eyebrow-raising visuals in the finale ... I was sat there thinking "what the feck did I just see?" ... but in a good way.