Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: XBox One [console]

Super Moderator

UK
    Naturally, there's got to be a sting in the tail - you still have to register it online in a "one-time" deal when you first get your console.

Perhaps MS weren't listening to the entire US military, and Navy etc - they DON'T HAVE A CONNECTION you dozy twonks. If you don't have a connection, you can't go online AT ALL, even to register it "one-time only". Sheesh!

At least they've made a smart decision on that moronic used games and 24hr policy - I mean good God, which morons were responsible for coming up with that? They certainly don't deserve a bonus this year, and if anything they deserve firing for making MS look like a complete bunch of asshats of the highest order.

I'm still not liking this Kinect bullshit either, though. I've never ever ever ever ever wanted Kinect, so why the hell should I be forced into having one - plus it looks clunky-as-all-buggery. How on earth is anyone going to balance that crap on top of their flat screen LCD televisions?!

I don't know why it requires a "one time" online activiation at all - if you don't need 24 hour checks, why on earth do you need any check at any time?

This is a good move in the right direction - but valuable trust and respect from the fanbase has been lost - there's considerable damage surrounding the Xbone, and clearly still a lot of suspicion.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Haha, Microsoft would sell their own arseholes for a quick buck! :P

I wouldn't even consider buying an Xbone until they a. make the camera optional and b. undercut, or at least match, the price of the PS4. I believe that is what it takes for Microsoft to have a remote chance in the next gen war. I'm getting a PS4 simply because I'm done with shelling out hundreds on faulty machines time and time again. Microsoft couldn't make a fully operational console if their worthless lives depended on it.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    However i still wont buy one because god knows what other surprises they have down the pipeline once youve already given them their money.
    ^ This.

Their back-tracking on the DRM makes no difference to me whatsoever. I still won't buy one.

That being said, I find it extremely hilarious that Microsoft caved in to public pressure.

Off topic observation: Here's what i find really disturbing about all of this, and I thought about this when I read this news yesterday. Y'know, the government can screw us over three ways to sunday on a daily basis and everyone is complacent about it. No one gives a shit. But.... screw with our little gaming box? Sheeeeit, all hell breaks loose and the populace goes into an uproar and puts enough pressure on MS to change their ways. Why can't we do this for anything else but a stupid plastic gaming box?! Is this how screwed up our priorities are??? Meh, just a thought. I digress...
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 20-Jun-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: .

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    [sarcasm]Well, there's a shock[/sarcasm]

Thanks Sony. You did more to save gaming than you'll ever know.

M$ can still go and shite though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Welp.

http://allthingsd.com/20130701/exclu...nga/?mod=tweet

MS's xbox head has jumped ship to f*cking zynga of all people.

Must be a f*ckton of money to lure him away if just a month ago he was defending always online and the xbox one as "the future" and now hes pissing off to work for the farmville guys.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another about-turn revision from MS - the Xbox One will no longer require Kinect to function.

Will we therefore be seeing a cheaper version on sale (i.e. just the console that people want, without that bullshit hand-wavey spy camera) - time shall tell, but I'd bet on it.

They've made a right old blunder with the launch of this console, but at least they're trying to rectify their glaring errors ... those responsible for it happening in the first place should be fired, or at least demoted without bonuses ... I mean good lord.

With all these changes, my jury is still out on which console I'd buy - not that I'd buy one at launch, but at a later date, I mean.

United States
    Here's an in-depth look at the improvements made to the controller from 360 to One. Can't wait to get my hands on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SYaTLCWL0

Ireland
    That thing looks bloody awful.

The original design was much better.

United States
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QrZP0AmUvk

Here's a great interview, straightforward questions and answers about the console.

Ireland
    Nothing that guy said makes me want to fork out for the xbone...

Administrator

England
    Don't stand it vertical or else! - http://uk.gamespot.com/tgs/microsoft...-risk-6414731/

The Xbox One won't support vertical orientation, and could damage the console, according to Albert Panello, senior director of product management and planning at Xbox.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Isn't it not a good idea to stand the current system vertically? It just sprung to mind that it seems like I heard that before.

*looks over at 360 standing vertically and gulps*....

England
    Im usually an early adopter of technology, especially game consoles, but I think im gonna opt out for the time being in the PS4 v Xbox one race. I've still got Uncharted 2 & 3 and Arkham Asylum and City sat wrapped in cellophane. Not to mention State of Decay and Last of Us to yet finish. Its amazing how little time and how much patience you have as you get older. So many other distractions doesn't help.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 27-Sep-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: g
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Its amazing how little time and how much patience you have as you get older. So many other distractions doesn't help.
    I have the same problem. At the moment, I tend to play Skyrim in 2-3 hrs spurts then won't touch it for several days and sometimes hesitate to pick up the controller even when I have nothing else better to do. It's not that I don't enjoy the game...I just think it's the patience thing.