Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: XBox One [console]

Super Moderator

UK
    The talk of Blu-Ray being on the next Xbox is something I've heard from numerous sources for months now - there's no way they could feasibly continue with DVD as their physical medium for games (L.A. Noire was 3 DVDs on the 360, while it was 1 Blu-Ray on the PS3). So from what I've read over the last few months, IIRC, Blu-Ray is the confirmed physical media for the new Xbox.

The other items, yes, that sort of stuff is just suicide for the box - if Sony can figure out blocking used games is a moronic move after they'd been pushing hard and firm for it only recently, then I do have to doubt if these rumours are true. It's either a case of someone deliberately putting bullshit out there - but to what end? To help Sony, or is it some bizarre inverse damage control where they screw themselves in the public eye, then reveal that "actually it's all good" or "actually it's just one of those things".

England
    More rumours relating to the new consoles and GTA V

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/...720-ps4-fears/

Why is the industry so determined to piss its customers off these days? I'm sure there were probably a lot of people hoping they could sell their 360/PS3 to make way for the new console but keep their old games.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good find, Tricky - it certainly throws up some interesting transitionary questions - I just hope they don't make a dimwit move and make GTA V next-gen-only ... but that would be really moronic considering the existing penetration of 360 and PS3 consoles in households. Your market is ready and waiting - don't screw them over.

This onslaught of rumours is ridiculous, but if they're all or mostly true, only a couple of them are good - and none of the good ones are the three listed in the original post in this thread, that's for damn sure!

Ireland
    I'm kind of hoping that these rumors are true and it sees the end of the domination of Sony and Microsoft in the console market, and in fact sees the end of the domination of the console in the gaming market.

Wishful thinking though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbo...ent-53032.html

claiming that the Xbox 720 will block used games and will sport always-on DRM. The latest postulator is Eidos president Ian Livingstone, who claims that Microsoft's next generation home console will be about as anti-consumer as anti-consumer gets.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What a load of ruddy bullshit - what a moronic idea - I mean really, there are vast areas of the country that don't have strong broadband - and many areas that don't have broadband at all, plus nobody likes always on connection stuff. Just look at what's going on right now with Sim City.

Even if you've got broadband, it might not be strong enough, or you know what - you might have your web and your console in different rooms on different floors of your house (such is the case with me) as well as having awful wireless coverage in your area (again, such is the case with me).

What a fucking stupid idea.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    The whole things stupid. its a console that can never be turned off, its always watching with its bloody built in kinect and it must mandatory install every game but STILL require the game in the bloody system to play.

Explain to me how this is a good way to prevent piracy when nobodies going to buy it

Ireland
    Sony's laughing all the way to the bank.

Microshit has just handed them the victory in the console war for the forseeable future.

Utterly incredible.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'll withhold any righteous indignation till this is all more verifiable and detailed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    But...it's on the interweb Aces!!!!!!!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Well, Bonjour!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I'll withhold any righteous indignation till this is all more verifiable and detailed.
    Aye ... I'm holding out a sliver of hope ... these rumours and such seem so mind-numbingly obvious as bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    these rumours and such seem so mind-numbingly obvious as bad decisions.
    Which is why it feels like it might be the truth. This is Microsoft we're talking about, MZ. Nothing surprises me with these guys...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Which is why it feels like it might be the truth. This is Microsoft we're talking about, MZ. Nothing surprises me with these guys...
    Its the spin of it that bugs me "so its always ready for your gaming!" which i read as "KEEP QUIET AND STUPID, BIG BROTHER IS IN CONTROL"