Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: XBox One [console]

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post
    well, bonjour!
    totally true

Last edited by shootemindehead; 22-Mar-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    'Always ready for your gaming' ... except when your internet is down, or you don't have wireless, or their servers are down, or yet another bloody update has to be installed as you champ at the bit to play the brand new release, highly anticipated title that you've been dying to play for months...

Always On Connection has been proved time and again to be utter nonsense that nobody likes. I'm still crossing my fingers for a last minute reveal that all these rumours are false ... waiting for the officially announced official word ... officially.

Not filled with a lot of hope, mind.

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't want a gaming console that requires a persistent internet connection? "Deal with it," says Microsoft Studio's creative director.
    http://www.cnet.com.au/xboxs-adam-or...-339343874.htm

What a twat.

1) There are people who don't actually have the Internet. At all.

2) There are people who have the Internet (Dial Up), but can't get Broadband.

3) There are people who can get Broadband, but their speed is slow (e.g. my connection is rated "F" nationally, and "D" globally, and as an example, that huge day one patch for Assassin's Creed III would take me hours to download).

4) There are people whose console is physically nowhere near their Router.

5) There are people whose Wireless connectivity is non-existant, or only within a couple of feet of their Router (so again, a location problem).

6) Why the feck should you be forced to be online just to play a videogame? Why should Single Player require the Internet?

7) Always On connections don't provide any actual improvement to the player experience - as Diablo III and Sim City showed, it's the total opposite.

8) What about people who are on limited data transfer plans?

9) What if your Internet goes down (either a break in the connection, or an actual outage)? You can't play your game!

10) It penalises people who have actually paid money to buy legitimate copies of the game. Legitimate purchasers should be rewarded with an easy and enjoyable consumer experience that doesn't deny you what you've paid for at random, let alone force you to jump through numerous hoops just to play your ruddy game.

Any other reasons folks can think of as to why "Always On" connections are moronic?

I'm hoping the critical backlash from the userbase will inspire a last minute about-turn from MS regarding "Always On". If it was to remain, I wouldn't actually be able to get the 'Next Box' - I could buy one, but I wouldn't be able to use it! An expensive way to go about acquiring a paper weight!

United States
    And out where my house is in West Virignia, there is no internet connection to speak of. I guess it's "well, f*ck those guys, they can deal with it"

Typical.

Based on everything I've read so far about the new PS and the Xbox, I'll be moving to the next gen PS when it comes out. Microsoft can bite my big fat white ass.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 05-Apr-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Don't want a gaming console that requires a persistent internet connection? "Deal with it," says Microsoft Studio's creative director.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Man you know this guys gonna get fired in a sacrifice to the damage control gods.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...I'm hoping the critical backlash from the userbase will inspire a last minute about-turn from MS regarding "Always On". If it was to remain, I wouldn't actually be able to get the 'Next Box' - I could buy one, but I wouldn't be able to use it! An expensive way to go about acquiring a paper weight!
    I hope it doesn't and Sony sweep the board. Not that those cu*ts are any better, mind, but all of these companies need to be taken down a peg, or three.

Gobsh*tes like Orth and Microsoft will just have to "deal with it", when people buy Playstations, instead of Xboxes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Apparently the official xbox magazines are reporting this as fact now, and labeling it "the next step in augmented reality" and "without the internet and your xbox live why even buy an xbox?"

of course this assumes anyone but a brain dead brand loyalty retard WOULD by the new xbox in this case.

Personally its safe to say im not touching it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, it's nothing but shitty news circling the Next Box right now ... and all these measures just seem like the biggest examples of idiocy too. Like a business run by actual morons with a "deal with it" attitude.

But if MS insist on squeezing me out of their future customer base with unwanted nonsense like Always On connection, then too bad for them, they'll be losing my business. As I've said earlier, if they insist on these sort of measures, even if I did buy a Next Box, I wouldn't be able to actually use it! That's just madness - there'll be plenty of people such as myself, and all they're doing is waving money in the direction of Sony (or at least, away from themselves), which makes no business sense at all.

Ireland
    It's an incredibly bad business decision. It's actually mind-boggling.

I'd love to know what Bill's take on it is. I hear he's very distant from Xbox development.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    In twenty years time you might break out the old Xbox 720 and find it a brick.
    That said, in five you might break out the old Xbox 360 and find a brick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Jesus and now microsofts saying there will be no backwards compatibility with 360 games so "it will be easier to link pc and durango games together"
    -doesnt play any 360 games you own
    -bricks after 3 minutes without internet even for single player games and youtube
    -requires a price hiked xbox live
    -still not a single new ip for it even rumoured.

I don't think i am the customer for videogames anymore if this is acceptable now.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I don't think i am the customer for videogames anymore if this is acceptable now.
    Come over to tabletop RPGs, Danny. No one can put a surcharge on your imagination, and hygiene is optional Plus, you can LARP and still use some of your hardware and peripherals:

^Oldie but a goody

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    welp
    >mandatory kinect confirmed cannot work without one
    >absolutely NO 360 backwards compatibility, not even plans to make them games on demand!
    >cd key codes to prevent preowned sales

They pushed the whole thing as "all your living room devices in one" with few videogames, and even fewer exclusives. What was promising screamed tech demos, and we all remember the video of the kid holding his skateboard up to his tv and going "kinect: scan!" and that never came to be.

Though the most interesting thing rom the whole dull affair was sonys stocks shot up as microsofts declined in almost equal measure.

We gotta wait and see on the ps4, but i think nintendos breathing a bit of a sigh of relief since they had already lost ea so its not like the madden stuff is a damage to them anyway.

overall? They just said theres a shit ton of cool games coming to 360 to be announced at e3. SO WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT THIS INSTEAD?

Undisclosed
    We have to pay a preowned fee to played used, rented, or borrowed games? No thanks, I will go elsewhere. Xbox Done.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, no transferable XBL games, either.

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox...ome_latest_art