Thread: Ok, I've had it with this fool. RZ's next film will be.... a HOCKEY flick?! WTF?!

United States

Ok, I've had it with this fool. RZ's next film will be.... a HOCKEY flick?! WTF?!

This can't be right. Someone please tell me this is a fake news article about a fictitious movie that will never come out. PLEASE.

Source: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ies_movie.html

[Rob] Zombie said the project is in its early stages, and he attended Tuesday's game against Tampa Bay to visit with some of the Broad Street Bullies - the brawling teams that won Stanley Cups in 1974 and 1975 - and to observe the fans.

"It's the greatest sports story ever not told. It's been told other ways, but not film," Zombie said. "I had to do it. It reads like fiction. It's so incredible."

He added: "We're just wrapping up the script right now, looking to start shooting in the fall. This is sort of a fact-finding mission. This is where I try to get everyone to tell me stories they don't want to tell."

Zombie, who grew up near Boston, recalled the 1974 Cup finals against the Bruins. "I remember it well," he said.

Zombie plans to shoot most of the movie in Philadelphia.

"It's almost like Rocky, but it's real," he said. "When you watch Rocky, you go, 'God, I wish that was real.' It's sort of like Boogie Nights meets Rocky. I know from the five-minute conversation [with the ex-Flyers] there's a lot of good stuff besides hockey going on.

"It's a character-driven movie," he added. "There's such great characters. To just make a movie about hockey, hockey fans will love it, but nobody else will. The characters are so great that - not to keep going back to Rocky - even if you hate boxing, you love the movie because the characters are so great. This has incredible characters, except they're real."

Boogie Nights meets Rocky? Oh this is just going to be awesome! I bet you guys just can't wait to see this one.

/sarcasm

United States
    Who cares? Just the fact that he's making anything is disturbing to me.
    That guy sucks balls.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Who cares? Just the fact that he's making anything is disturbing to me.
    That guy sucks balls.

I think what disturbs me the most is, this guy has made so many more clunkers than good films and people keep giving him money to make more.

Stop the madness!