Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TWD 3x09 "The Suicide King" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Dead

United States
    EPISODE 3x10 "HOME" SPOILER:

This thing with Glenn and Maggie. C'mon? For the sake of the group, at least pretend to be rational adults.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Feb-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post

***3x10 SPOILERS***
    Why, thank you guys for spoiling 'Home' in the thread for the previous episode.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Feb-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Dead

United States
    Sorry. I thought I was in the 3x10 thread. It wasn't intentional.

Undisclosed
    @ babomb and Cykotic: could you guys put spoiler tags in those posts that give away some major plot points of episode 10?
    Or, you know, put them in the appropriate thread.
    Thank you.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just a reminder to everyone - a NEW THREAD is created for EACH EPISODE - and for honest mistakes in posting in the incorrect thread, then let this be a lesson learned. Please make doubly sure you're in the correct thread before you start talking about the episode - especially if it involves significant moments.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Feb-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Dead

United States
    I just happened to be in this thread waiting on 3x10 to start. Then after the episode I was just too eager to comment that i totally forgot that I was in the thread for 3x09.
    Really sorry everyone!!
    Won't let it happen again.

Twitching

United States
    Only one thing really felt comment worthy (sorry for the late arrival),
    Trying to compare an abusive romantic/sexual relationship and an abusive/dysfunctional sibling relationship is straight out apples and oranges. The dynamics of what each of both pairs are and perceive themselves to be, or perceive their partner/sibling to be are so different IMO no meaningful comparison can be made.

For example: In a romantic relationship turned abusive (classically the battered woman clinging to an abusive male, but I'm living proof the gender roles can be reversed) the issues of the ABUSED almost ALWAYS explain why they don't simply terminate the relationship and thus the abuse. Conversely, with siblings, even siblings who had no one to look out for them but each other growing up....the issues of the ABUSER must interact with the reasoning of the abused sibling...it isn't as simple as poor self esteem making them feel like they don't deserve any better I mean. That's just one example.

More importantly: Daryl had a very VERY clear picture of Merle's faults even BEFORE his time as Rick's lieutenant built him up to his current healthier state. In that healthier state, I would have expected Daryl to want to know up front if their time apart has had as much a life-altering impact on Merle as it has on him. Seeing Merle's pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME, they provided no good explanation for where Daryl's new self-esteem went...and why it wouldn't stop him from repartnering with a sibling he damned well KNOWS will treat him like dirt at every turn.

One can assume Daryl's going on faith that things will be different this time...but what supports such a belief when Merle is visibly behaving just as he did before when he comes back into contact with Rick & Co....to say nothing of the fact that Daryl doesn't seem to be holding Merle in any way accountable for partnering with cutthroat murderers...who, if the deleted content is to be believed...Daryl suspects were the ones who exterminated the Vatos + their dependents.

However, I'm willing to give this a bit of leash and reserve judgment until I more clearly see how they plan to play Daryl's reactions off on his own with Merle.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 24-Feb-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Accidental double-post