Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x10 "Home" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x10 "Home" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

The tenth episode of season three - keep your discussion of 3x10 "Home" to this thread, and as always keep any future comic book storylines/spoilers within "spoiler tags" (if you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes') - and finally, ENJOY THE DISCUSSION!

United States
    Please.........for the love of god, don't give us anymore Andrea uniting speeches. Listening to that last week felt like someone scratching a chalkboard with their nails

Administrator

England
    AICN suggests tonight's episode is far better than last weeks (Spoilers?) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61022
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    AICN suggests tonight's episode is far better than last weeks (Spoilers?) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61022
    fingers crossed!

Dying

United States
    Far and away one of the best episodes of the entire series. Holy fuck.

Quick notes:

- I like how they reintroduced the music from the Pilot when Rick was hallucinating Lori. That's one of the cues in the show that I like the most. (I honestly think the music should be a bit more prevalent, but Bear is a master of subtlety. Even if he did steal my Dawn of the Dead rip-off with the Governors theme )
    -That whole sequence with Daryl saving the family was fucking great. Loved when he smashed the zombies head with the trunk of the car. It's great how they can keep coming up with unique zombie kills like that, that don't come across as hokey. (Like Survival of the Dead.)
    - Prison group is getting huge upgrades in strength. If they get Tyrese back, and Merle earns back their trust and starts being a team player, they're gonna FUCK UP Woodbury. Seriously. Just imagine in Abraham and Jesus showed up?
    - That Axel death was ridiculously well-timed. Sad he had to go, I liked him and could see him and Carol getting together working, but if anyone had to bite the bullet I guess he was a logical choice. Very similar to his fate in the comic, without being too similar. It was surprising, great way to set up that intense end of the episode.
    - Maggie taking Andreas place as the sharp-shooter is gonna be so much win.

BRB, Rick + Daryl + Merle + Michonne + Sharpshooter Maggie + Enraged Glen + Tyrese = Woodbury gonna get FUCKED up
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    agreed...

this is getting more frakked up... they're using zombies as weapons now? can someone tell me just what in the hell is going on? The Governor just stands there whilst bullets are hitting his pick-up, Rick goes all Hulk Smash, Merle becomes the good guy, I finally start to like Axel and now he has a bullet in his head (and back, and everywhere else for that matter)...

Now we're frakking talking!!!

(can one of the mods remove the post I made for this episode in the episode 9 thread?)

Also, a point was made in Talking Dead... would the Governor take Judith now that he has lost Penny?

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Amazing how the group can execute head shots to perfection from speeding vehicles in a dark field, and yet in a fire fight, none of them can hit the side of a barn.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyDilemma View Post
    Amazing how the group can execute head shots to perfection from speeding vehicles in a dark field, and yet in a fire fight, none of them can hit the side of a barn.
    I thought the same thing. But seriously DARYL F*CKING DIXON!!!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I noticed that too! Darkness whilst moving = perfect heashots

Daylight, direct line of sight, high powered weapons = call of duty noob

Dying

United States
    Yea, because the zombies were clearly raining bullets on them when they were landing all of those head shots

I agree that it was a bit absurd in the Season 2 finale when they were nailing head shots in the pitch black in speeding vehicles, as well as Hershels infinite ammo hacks, but this week I didn't see any gaps in realism quite like that. I mean, who really expected key players on Governors side to get hit with bullets? They're setting the stage for a big battle. That's why only Axel got hit.

Plus, the prison group had NO idea how many people had them in their cross-hairs, so they weren't exactly blessed with the steady hands and calm demeanor to land head shots on living, breathing targets. And then the zombies ended up taking away all the attention, of course.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Yea, because the zombies were clearly raining bullets on them when they were landing those head shots
    I know it's easy as can be to hit a zombie in the head in the dark from a moving vehicle while your fortress is being over run and all, but still.....
    Last edited by AnxietyDilemma; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Dying

United States
    I know it's easy as can be to hit a zombie in the head in the dark from a moving vehicle while your fortress is being over run and all, but still.....
    Re-read what I added to my post. There's no arguing that the bullet points you mentioned from the Season 2 finale were ridiculous, but again, the ending of this episode was done nearly perfect. Some of the best and most tense moments in the series. In broad daylight, too!
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Re-read what I added to my post. There's no arguing that the bullet points you mentioned from the Season 2 finale were ridiculous, but again, the ending of this episode was done perfectly.
    I know, I'm not disagreeing, that's just cinema. People lose their shot for the purpose of serving the story, and to build anticipation. If one of them hits the governor who's standing right there in the open, the plot takes a major hit.
    Last edited by AnxietyDilemma; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Dying

United States
    I know, I'm not disagreeing, that's just cinema. People lose their shot for the purpose of serving the story, and to build anticipation. If one of them hits the governor who's standing right there in the open, the plot takes a major hit.
    I think they 'lost their shot' because they were getting fired upon by multiple machine guns, and were then swarmed by zombies. It wasn't a weak plot device, it was logical they wouldn't be landing kills in this situation. In fact, if they were landing kills it would be just as absurd as the Season 2 Finale, IMO. Although I do know what you're talking about, because in the S2 Finale it definitely was a rather weak plot device to have them all have head-shot hacks in play.

I can't wait to see them fuck up the Governors squad, though. That's gonna be glorious. I almost expected Glen to smash his truck into the Governors when they were speeding away, but he went back to save his friends instead, which was the smarter move
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I think they 'lost their shot' because they were getting fired upon by multiple machine guns, and were then swarmed by zombies. It wasn't a weak plot device, it was logical they wouldn't be landing kills in this situation. In fact, if they were landing kills it would be just as absurd as the Season 2 Finale, IMO. Although I do know what you're talking about, because in the S2 Finale it definitely was a rather weak plot device to have them all have head-shot hacks in play
    I'm not really going to argue this, I fully understand why it happened and it didn't ruin anything for me. I understand that the circumstances would directly impact one's ability to hit their target, but with the amount of firing that ensued, if this were reality, a few of those bullets might accidentally find a target. I understand why they didn't and I'm fine with that, you see it all the time in "Hollywood".

I mean, how many shots were inches away from hitting an exposed Rick? It's all about building action and anticipation. Obviously none of those characters were supposed to be written off at this point, so the bullets had to miss by a few inches. Axel was the most expendable and was sacrificed for effect, to stun the viewers and the characters, so the bullet found its mark on the first try from far away. Yes, I know, the governor did have ample time to snipe him.
    Last edited by AnxietyDilemma; 18-Feb-2013 at 02:40 AM.