Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Talking Dead

United States

The Talking Dead

I'm totally stoked that it's an hour long now, but they could've gotten someone wayyyyyyyyy better than Jabba the Butt/Kevin Smith. Nothing he said was witty, let alone relevant to the show. He's a fan? Ehhhhh, kind of not buying it. At least as much as he claims whilst mugging in front of the camera...
    And we, the lucky ones, get to stare at his supersized calf "muscles".
    He's the second worst guest ever, behind only Dave Navarro. Some of the comedians I've seen seem to be able to hang, but some of the guests just plain suck balls and have no reason for even being there. The chick from Community, or the tattooed fighter looking guy...
    I'd prefer just people involved with the show in some way. Who wants to hear Walking Dead questions posed to posers like Kevin Smith? I couldn't give a flying flip what he thinks. I can live with the fact that the show people really can't share much in the end, but WTF do these people have to add? Nothing.
    An hour of them trying to Keep Smith, and his crap comic book store show, tied into the conversation and funjinx kills the whole point of them stretching the show to an hour. I liked the little thangie they did with Milton. I'd like more of that, and more FX stuff.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I'm totally stoked that it's an hour long now, but they could've gotten someone wayyyyyyyyy better than Jabba the Butt/Kevin Smith. Nothing he said was witty, let alone relevant to the show. He's a fan? Ehhhhh, kind of not buying it. At least as much as he claims whilst mugging in front of the camera...
    And we, the lucky ones, get to stare at his supersized calf "muscles".
    He's the second worst guest ever, behind only Dave Navarro. Some of the comedians I've seen seem to be able to hang, but some of the guests just plain suck balls and have no reason for even being there. The chick from Community, or the tattooed fighter looking guy...
    I'd prefer just people involved with the show in some way. Who wants to hear Walking Dead questions posed to posers like Kevin Smith? I couldn't give a flying flip what he thinks. I can live with the fact that the show people really can't share much in the end, but WTF do these people have to add? Nothing.
    An hour of them trying to Keep Smith, and his crap comic book store show, tied into the conversation and funjinx kills the whole point of them stretching the show to an hour. I liked the little thangie they did with Milton. I'd like more of that, and more FX stuff.
    I'm no Kevin smith fan but I thought he was a decent guest. He was engaging, a few laughs and knows the show well. I also thought as a guest Navarro was a bright spot. He was all about the show.
    Sorry but worst guest and show was when Sarah Silverman and some useless rubber cone were on. I really almost gave up on the show after that. The jury is still out on the format being an hour long. I wanted it also but I can see it getting to the point of overkill
    Last edited by Harleydude666; 17-Feb-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Dying

United States
    They should start bringing on a weekly HPOTD member.

And I still think they should get Joe Pilato to host the show.....as Captain Rhodes. Never breaking character. Get Bub as a guest star.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    They should start bringing on a weekly HPOTD member.

And I still think they should get Joe Pilato to host the show.....as Captain Rhodes. Never breaking character. Get Bub as a guest star.
    I could see being a guest via skype.
    The Joe Pilato and Bub thing, if he was playing Rhodes and never breaking character, it wouldn't have any relevance to the show at all.
    It'd kinda be like having Hugh jackman and Anna Paquin do ballroom dancing in costume as an aftershow for a Batman cartoon.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I could see being a guest via skype.
    The Joe Pilato and Bub thing, if he was playing Rhodes and never breaking character, it wouldn't have any relevance to the show at all.
    It'd kinda be like having Hugh jackman and Anna Paquin do ballroom dancing in costume as an aftershow for a Batman cartoon.
    Only KINDA like, since the Batman cartoons never necessitated a post-episode Talk Show. Also, Hugh Jackmans portrayal of Wolverine and Anna Paquin as Rogue didn't occur until years after Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond were finished. And I'd rather the aftershow of Batman Animated Series consisting of Famke Janssen in character as the horny Phoenix. HNNNNNNNNNGGGG

Captain Rhodes, in character as a host would be more fitting than Chris Hardwick, who is at his best in the comedy duo Hard 'n' Phirm.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    The scary thing would be 90% of the audience probably wouldn't know who the hell they were
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I'm no Kevin smith fan but I thought he was a decent guest. He was engaging, a few laughs and knows the show well. I also thought as a guest Navarro was a bright spot. He was all about the show.
    Smith was muggy, and I'd disagree on his knowledge of the show. I can't remember what it was that tipped me off, and I already erased it off of DVR.
    As far as Navarro...
    Not really a spot as much as a stain, more like a skid mark. He posed and preened, and he didn't even know the name of the character he was talking about
    AFTER talking about how he watched it fervently!!!
    I used to absolutely LOVE Jane's Addiction, and that dickwheel totally ruined it for me. Keep his lame ass on that idiotic tattoo show and away from my beloved show.

Dead

United States
    I really don't even like Talking Dead much. Extending it to an hour long show was stupid. You can tell they're struggling to fill it. They got bands performing on it now and shit.
    The only decent ones are the ones with actual cast members.
    It's a waste of an hour. I'd rather they replayed that weeks episode again in that time slot. Or even the previous weeks episode. Hell, replaying an episode from a previous season would be a better use of that time. Only thing worse is Comic book Men.

United States

ed

If I was one of the producers of TTD, I would redo the entire studio making it appear that they are under siege from a horde of undead outside. Instead of the David Letterman city backdrop, I'd have stagehands acting as undead behind the boarded-up windows so you can only see stumbling shadows and maybe their fingers and hands trying to get thru the boards. None of these buggers have anything close to what I'd call an imagination.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 28-Feb-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    If I was one of the producers of TTD, I would redo the entire studio making it appear that they are under siege from a horde of undead outside. Instead of the David Letterman city backdrop, I'd have stagehands acting as undead behind the boarded-up windows so you can only see stumbling shadows and maybe their fingers and hands trying to get thru the boards. None of these buggers have anything close to what I'd call an imagination.
    That would make the show 100 times better. A zombie theme to the entire set? Realistically, the money Walking Dead is pulling in, they could probably recreate a famous setpiece of classic zombie cinema every week for Talking Dead.

England
    Just saw an advert for this on FoxUK. On next week for those who weren't watching it via other means. Not sure if it's the 1st show or what but it's on at 10.20 next week
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    I noticed that too, and I assume it will be to tie in with the season finale. I have never seen it so will be interested to see what its like.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I noticed that too, and I assume it will be to tie in with the season finale. I have never seen it so will be interested to see what its like.
    Its something i put on in the background after the episode. Sometimes the guest/topic is interesting and its worth paying attention to and its pretty good after a "big" episode.
    I like Chris Hardwick but i can see why others dont so its a mixed bag in entertainment terms

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Its something i put on in the background after the episode. Sometimes the guest/topic is interesting and its worth paying attention to and its pretty good after a "big" episode.
    I like Chris Hardwick but i can see why others dont so its a mixed bag in entertainment terms
    I had a watch of it last night and while it's good to have it on in this country, the editing job they did on it was awful (in order to take out the live quiz, or mention of "Skype" etc) ... at one point the editing was so sloppy you saw Hardwick's head snap from facing one way to the other in the same shot. The placement of the advert breaks was all over the shop, too ... so if they're going to make it a permanent thing, and AMC want Talking Dead to be more international, they'll have to come up with some way to make the show work better for international audiences - perhaps record alternative links after the live recording, or at least frame them in such a way that they can be edited out cleanly for international broadcast.

England
    Was great again tonight. Love Kevin Smiths enthusiasm

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly this was cut in the US cause Paul Bettany just said "fucked" on the UK version which I noticed was blanked out in the version I watched earlier.
    Hmmmmmm

MY HOME CINEMA