Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the character flash backs?

Super Moderator

UK
    I really don't understand what you guys' problem with the 2x13 herd reveal is.

To me, just having any old random herd, that we never see form, just turn up out of the blue would be a lazy, poorly scripted coincidence. What is in 2x13 shows far more thought and has a bigger impact - I refer back to my cruel hand of fate comment.

Ach ... we're going round in circles now.

Undisclosed
    I wish they would do a flashback which incorporates a winter scene. Something short. We always see the group hot and sweaty. I think it would be a kick to see them in a different environment. I realize they film during the summer but they could spray some of that white shit down and have them where coats etc. I would really like to see how the winter affects the walkers.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I would really like to see how the winter affects the walkers.
    I'd like to see that too... Perhaps they'll do a Christmas Special!

England
    Rather than flashbacks at this stage (although I wouldn't mind them to be honest) I'd like to see more scenes that tell a story of what happened during the outbreak, like when Rick woke in the hospital in ep 1 and there was nailed shut doors, covered bodies all laid out & military gear strewn around all over, it told a story of what happened without actually being a flashback. More of that would be welcome. Since they've got out into the countryside its kind of lacking in back story to the area they are in. It's not a big issue, the series is doing fine as it is, but I just like little details like that.

Administrator

England
    The argument that it's too much of a coincidence to swallow is just dumb when your talking about the walking dead, the story is built on coincidences, the biggest of all is the fact that when rick gets stuck in the tank Atlanta he just happens to saved by Glenn who just happens to be part of the same group as Lori and Carl. Think about the odds of that for a second, it's statistically more improbable than the herd forming. Rick and Glenn just happen to be in the same part if the same city on the same day.. Glenn happens to have radio and knows military frequencies so he can talk to the tank, he saves rick and takes him back to the same group where Lori and Carl just happen to be.

Yet I haven't seen a single person whine about this, there wouldn't be a walking dead series unless all this happened.

So swallow it, like the others here I like to know the herd formed. It's a nice touch.

Super Moderator

UK
    A good point there Andy.

Tricky - I totally agree - I love that sort of storytelling where it's just seeing the after effects lying around. It says so much, but you're never looking backwards, if that makes sense. Yes, I'd definitely like to see some more of that too.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A good point there Andy.

Tricky - I totally agree - I love that sort of storytelling where it's just seeing the after effects lying around. It says so much, but you're never looking backwards, if that makes sense. Yes, I'd definitely like to see some more of that too.
    Also.. thinking about this further, it isnt even that much of a coincidence that a herd would be following their general direction from atlanta out towards the farm, they are not exactly stealthy.

I Mean first there's the helicopter which would have walkers up and mobile all over the city, then the CDC explodes which would have most (if not all) of them heading in that direction.. then rick and co leave town in multiple vehicles including the RV and one loud as hell motorbike.

I can imagine a small group of walkers being in the right place at the right time to follow them and more latching on and forming a herd.