Thread: The Evil Dead in 60 seconds

Administrator

England

The Evil Dead in 60 seconds

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I posted it days ago on the Evil Dead remake thread. I also linked a trailer from Swedish rip-off called, Wither.

Administrator

England
    My bad!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Its cool. Any thoughts on the 60 sec video, anyone?

United States
    Does not look good. In the 80's I had a friend who went apeshit over Evil Dead. He always wanted to sit around and watch the first one, and had a glaze in his eyes during the tree rape scene. I thought the first one sucked. The second was wayyyy better, and the third is kickass. I can't see just anyone being better than Bruce Campbell at what he does best. Cracking wise and cracking skulls...
    That being said, if it comes to the discount theater I'll probably see it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Does not look good. In the 80's I had a friend who went apeshit over Evil Dead. He always wanted to sit around and watch the first one, and had a glaze in his eyes during the tree rape scene. I thought the first one sucked. The second was wayyyy better, and the third is kickass. I can't see just anyone being better than Bruce Campbell at what he does best. Cracking wise and cracking skulls...
    That being said, if it comes to the discount theater I'll probably see it.
    I assume you're talking about the remake and not the 60 second spoof at the top of the thread?
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I assume you're talking about the remake and not the 60 second spoof at the top of the thread?
    Ron must think the 60 sec video is a trailer for the remake.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Ron must think the 60 sec video is a trailer for the remake.
    Lol, dammit. That I did. It probably didn't help that I was "baking" without an oven...

Administrator

England
    ^ Lol! What a numpty!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Guilty as charged. But, in my defense, that could totally be a remake trailer. The only thing I didn't see was that tiny print that said virgin fake film festival, and whatnot.
    Squinty eyes, I guess.
    Anyhoo...