Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x12 "Clear" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x12 "Clear" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Keep discussion of 3x12 "Clear" within this thread only.

Don't talk about the episode in the shoutbox.

Comic book spoilers must be put into spoiler tags (not everyone has read the comics). If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes'.

ENJOY!

Realizing they are heavily outgunned against the Governor’s forces, Rick leads an expedition to get more weapons.

Directed by Tricia Brock, Written by Scott M. Gimple.
    Wanna see a bunch of preview images and videos? Wander over here - http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...m-episode-312/

England
    Special episode this week
    Andy Lincolns favourite of the series. I'm assuming thats from an acting POV seeing as he never watches himself onscreen.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Special episode this week
    Andy Lincolns favourite of the series. I'm assuming thats from an acting POV seeing as he never watches himself onscreen.
    He said that he can't wait to see how people react to what happens. Should be eventful.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    I can not wait. Roll on tomorrow evening after work.
    Micro Chips, Morrisons own brand horsemeat Madras, a glass of Irn Bru and TWD. Can Monday's be any better???
    Not too many spoilers guys... I always have a sneaky peak on a Monday afternoon to gauge your opinion.

PS... My my... I will be hitting 100 posts in the next few years...

C'mon the Hoops.
    HH
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 04-Mar-2013 at 01:02 AM.

United States
    Whoa Rick. Hint.....time to start listening to Michonne. Another half hour to go but I like Michonne's contributions and acting much more than in the past

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Whoa Rick. Hint.....time to start listening to Michonne. Another half hour to go but I like Michonne's contributions and acting much more than in the past
    I agree, because she was starting to annoy me. I was happy to see her help the boy. She seems to be easing up a bit.

Super Moderator

United States
    Probably the strongest episode since the season break! Very happy with the isolation of the characters involved and lack of ping-ponging between different groups, it really helped punch up the mood and made you focus on the plight of the characters involved.

Also, totally agree with Facestabber on Michonne getting some nice attention from the writers this episode.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Also, totally agree with Facestabber on Michonne getting some nice attention from the writers this episode.
    This episode was written by Scott Gimple, who is the showrunner for Season Four. Good sign?...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This episode was written by Scott Gimple, who is the showrunner for Season Four. Good sign?...
    I think so.

Did you like it, Bass?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, it was a good episode. The surprise of it all had been spoiled long ago, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hopefully Morgan returns again....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think it is a good sign. This was one of the best episodes this season as mentioned above. The isolation and honestly I was so happy not to see the prison and Woodbury. The new settings and ofcourse the reveal of Morgan, a once great man that has been broken by this world. Very sad to see Morgan left in that state but it delivers a powerful message. Morgan's hideout was masterfully done and reminiscent of the Shining. And as a gun lover I must admit bliss when I saw his stash. Bring it on gov cause we got heavy hitting guns and Hand grenades.

And the hitchhiker. After all this group has been through I understand why. In my mind I would be thinking ambush. Stop to help and your gonna get hit. I have to digest this episode longer but so many things I am happy about yet I can't quite put it into words.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Yeah, the Hitchhiker being left behind was a slight jolt for me. Seems as if they have decided not to help anyone unless they know them. The guy did seem sincere though.

United States
    This episode was great. The hitchhiker bookend was humorous in a very dark way. I felt ashamed to laugh. It was indeed sad to see Morgan in that state but as stated the message was clear.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aceofspades View Post
    The guy did seem sincere though.
    I think he was a sincere individual, as he was a bloody smear later on. I felt bad for the guy.

United States
    yeah, that shit about the hitchhiker was a bit harsh....guess that's the way things would be though.

and yes, michonne is finally coming around. glad to see an expression on her face other than that sourpuss scowl.

morgan's return was kinda neat, but i was really hoping he'd leave with rick and them...and i kinda was holding out hope that he'd kept duane around like the governor did with penny....

as for the episode as a whole, i thought it was very good. it was nice to focus on just one plot, and the writing and pacing were handled very well, which i think is a good sign of things to come if gimple is the show-runner for season 4.