Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange goings on...

Ireland

Strange goings on...

Recently, over the last few days I've been getting this sort of page appearing when I click into a forum. It happens randomly and on various forums. I can click out and back in and all is ok. Anyone know what's going on?

Attachment 1218
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Seems odd. Never seen that!

Possibly something to do with the adverts. But the company behind these will be changing so that could put an end to it!

Give it a few days please.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I clicked on the stupid picture and now the board looks different, and the links for things like new posts are gone for me.

OK, nevermind. I had to erase history and stuff to get it back. Weird, indeed.
    Last edited by rongravy; 05-Mar-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: ...................

Administrator

England
    The picture in the original post?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    This has been happening to some members off and on lately.

I will sometimes have problems logging in, then get forwarded to either a page view of the forum with no menu or navigation options, and sometimes I just get directed to a page with the adverts centered and no other content on page.

I'll try and take screen images the next time it happens.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The picture in the original post?
    Yeppers.

Administrator

England
    ^ Well, that's super odd then... That's no different to clicking any other (hosted) image... Hmmm...
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's been happening to me, as well. Either i'll get the blank page with just ads, or i'll get the forum only with no navigation bar...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's been happening to me, as well. Either i'll get the blank page with just ads, or i'll get the forum only with no navigation bar...
    And this has only started over the past month or less?
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And this has only started over the past month or less?
    For me it's been about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, I would say.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    For me it's been about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, I would say.
    OK... That fits in with an advertiser change that took place about then... which is being undone shortly. Let's hope that resolves it...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Might be a browser issue. I've been fighting it for a week or more at work on crappy IE, finally broke down & used the Google Chrome someone installed on this desktop & it's working fine.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 06-Mar-2013 at 09:38 PM.

United States
    ^ Well, that's super odd then... That's no different to clicking any other (hosted) image... Hmmm...
    Actually, I was wrong. Yesterday it happened somehow when I clicked the back button off of this thread, back to that same thing the first guy posted. It's ok today so screw it. I'm good.
    Who knows WTF it was, but I'm better now.
    Maybe I'm just a tad tarded.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Might be a browser issue. I've been fighting it for a week or more at work on crappy IE, finally broke down & used the Google Chrome someone installed on this desktop & it's working fine.
    Nope. Nevermind. Just got back on during lunch & same screwy shite on Chrome as IE.

Administrator

England
    How bizarre.... Well, the advertiser is being changed so let's hope that sorts it...
    -Carl Sagan