Thread: Gaming tatoos

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Gaming tatoos

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tattoo/?view=full

ive seen some before (and been a little tempted to get one myself) but these take the cake, some like the okami and 8 bit (yes an "8-bit tatoo" thats not ****!) of mega man, but some of the worst range form a guy who got the halo legendary campaign icon across his upper back and shoulders, a full back of sephiroth, the queen of bad guys, and my personal worst, a gal got a tramp stamp of the zelda icon, but its like 2 inch thick isometric black lines, and on the natural curvature of the human body that much thick straightness doesnt look right.

-oh, for those who aint heard the term, tramp stamps are those sleasy tribal tatoo's chavettes get at the top of there ass cracks. seriously, why not just get "im a whore/ skank" tatooed on your forehead instead, it'd take less ink and therefore save some of that dole money.

EDIT- for gender equality i should point out the same could be written on a dude wanting some chinese crap or a dragon on his bicep *shakes ehad*, why would you permanantely turn your body into a cliche'?

United States

talk about obsessed....

wow, i've played some killer games in my life, but never a game so killer that i'd want to tattoo it on myself...what a joke.

i don't have a single tat, by the way. if i ever do get one, it'll be a marine corps emblem on my left pectoral muscle, just above my heart.

aside from that, i've never seen what the big idea about getting inked up is. i mean, that sh!t is permanent, ya know? i guess if there's something that means a lot to a fellow, then it's okay...hence my (maybe one day) marines tat.

i think it's dumb when a chick gets a rose on her ankle and i'm like "what's that supposed to mean?" and she says something dumb like "it's a rose", to which i reply "i can see that, but does it have any meaning behind it?"....then she looks at me like i'm the stupid one out of us...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i totally get you, im definatley gonna get inked ,but im going the kerry king route and waiting till i know i wont laser it off by 2020. there was a chick in my film class that got two glaring eyes that covered her entire back "just cuase it looked cool"...dumbass.

-though once i met a girl with the kanji on her arm for love, adn i told her it was taiwanese for "pay me for love making", she almost had a heart attack.
    y'know, its one of those jokes thats funny in our head but REALLY not funny in practice.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think the Zelda one on the girls lower back is very sexy. Most of the time I hate when girls have ink in that location.

I've got a lot of tattoo's, myself, but I've never thought of getting any based off of a video game. I dunno, maybe if I were drunk...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....I like video games and all......but tattoos of the games isn't a smart idea, imo. I can't believe that dude got a legendary logo from Halo on his entire back.

Next thing you know, someone will have a tattoo of Master Chief's helmet on their face.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I've got a lot of tattoo's, myself, but I've never thought of getting any based off of a video game. I dunno, maybe if I were drunk...
    Me too, I'm covered in 'em. Still hasn't stopped me from thinking about getting the Pheonix Mirror from Shenmue tattooed. Or even a Silent Hill 2 back collage.

But I can see what you mean, it's a tad geeky...

England
    I'd never get a gaming tattoo,sad as fook!
    I like the tattoos i have had done though,they arent small but arent openly on display either which is good for job interviews & the like.Im seeing a big trend among people between about 19 & 28 having full sleeves done with flames & stars up them,and big black stars on their necks etc,they look quite cool at the moment as its a fashion thing,but when they leave uni or are just trying to get a respectable job they're gonna have trouble.A good tattoo lasts a lifetime,a bad one,one in the wrong place,or a fashion one lasts 5-10 years at the most before people start wishing they hadnt bothered.I know quite a few people in their late 20s who had devils,bulldogs & tasmanian devils done when they were about 18 cos they were popular at that time,and they dont half regret 'em now

United States
    Ok, the Konami Code girl is awesome, even though that gameboy looks like crap. I would love to push those buttons.

I wanted to get the green mario mushroom tatooed, but passed on it. I almost got the konami code as an arm band, but then realized my arms are too small for an arm band lol.

So yeah, I would get a gaming tatoo, but I am a gaming geek so go figure.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    It is such a very interesting concept. My friends are crazy about to draw the tattoo. I think the gaming tattoo is new and some unique concept for them.