Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 3x13 "Arrow on the Doorpost" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Not knowing anything about cars (or guns)... was the car Hershel drove an automatic?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Not knowing anything about cars (or guns)... was the car Hershel drove an automatic?
    I would assume so. If it's automatic then you only need one leg - good advertising for that car then "If you're one-legged and find yourself in a zombie apocalypse in need of a ride..."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Some of our american members can correct me if im wrong but i think all cars are automatics over there, i dont think they have manual gearboxes.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Some of our american members can correct me if im wrong but i think all cars are automatics over there, i dont think they have manual gearboxes.
    No, we have manual transmission vehicles. My 2011 is a manual 5-speed, but it is increasingly uncommon even somewhat among 4x4 vehicles.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    With Team Rick being in a defensive role, they would have the time to setup all kinds of nasty traps for the stumbling Woodburians should they attack. Pit traps ala Vietnam, bladed spring traps at doorways, and a very clever molotav cocktail throwing catapult could be constructed. Traps along the roadway leading to the prison could also help to slow the attacker's advance. Caltrops anyone?

Then of course there's the noise of the gunfire during the attack to help draw undead to that location from beyond the perimeter besides the undead already within. With some thoughtful planning, the prison can be well defended I think.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"