Thread: 2 Hours (short zombie film)

Administrator

England

2 Hours (short zombie film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    This was surprisingly impressive. It's actually good enough to warrant spoilers - watch the short before you read my comments.

- Great action scenes. That whole 1st person bit was nothing short of epic.
    - All of the psychological themes touched upon were well done. I particularly liked how the zombie virus tricks the person - this angle is rarely used in zombie fiction / cinema. All the cheesy love stuff didn't work as well as it could have, if only because we didn't get to see his girlfriend for more than a second. It dragged in a few areas because she wasn't developed enough, but its a short film, minor gripe really.
    - Awesome premise. The whole process of turning into a zombie after being bitten was done in a unique way. All the f*cked up whispers, kind of like Assassins Creed III multiplayer when someone is sneaking up on you. I dug the concept of the zombie virus forcing the brain to hallucinate and rationalize or "trick" the human part of the protagonist to start ripping peoples throats out for brunch.
    - Zombies were well acted. The makeup was well done, and they didn't run too fast. No sprinting, just fucked up disjointed stumble running.
    - In the description the filmmaker says this was 'no budget.' They need to start a Kickstarter.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 16-Mar-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Great Britain
    Very good, almost too good for no budget, love the first person shooting, nice to finally see someone after dawn remake and walking dead actually miss a head shot lol.

Scotland
    If you decide to read this make sure you watch the short first.

I liked that the perspective of the screenplay was through the eyes of an infected survivor rather than how the uninfected deal with infection. IMO the meaning behind the closing monologue was that the attempt to preserve a failing present in the face of necessary change leads to drastic consequences. It's better to accept change rather than fight it for the sake of maintaining the known. Just my opinion, but I think that's why this is such a good short. Like any real art it inspires personal interpretation rather than a one dimensional view. I Really enjoyed this.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 16-Mar-2013 at 08:40 PM.