Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wings of War/Wings of Glory: showin' off my first mission flown

Administrator

England
    ^^ So if I buy the two starter (duel) packs, do I need the Rules and Accessories Pack?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ So if I buy the two starter (duel) packs, do I need the Rules and Accessories Pack?
    Only if you eventually want to progress on to Balloon Busting, Ground Straffing &/or Bombing (particularly with the Giant bombers like Gotha's).

The nice thing about the Dual Packs is the cost on them is really only a few $ more than just buying 2 planes, & you are getting "extra" damage decks & counters if you do go on to the RAP later, plus all of it at a cost where it's really not like you're "buying the whole thing over again". I started with the RAP & still bought BOTH Duels packs. The Duel pack planes are awesome & extra damage decks are welcome "just in case I need them" :roll eyes:.

If you're really sure you'll like it & or fully intend to commit, I'd say go w/ the RAP. If you're on the fence, looking for the most bang for the least buck, or are concerned about price or on a budget, go w/ a Duel Pack & MAYBE a couple extra planes.

Hope you enjoy if you do. It really is a WONDERFUL hobby. I've started reading books on the subject of the planes, bio of the pilots, & (as seen from the pics) making backdrops, markers & am working on my first cardstock mini of an Se5.a (not currently available).

Stop by http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/content.php as well. GREAT community. Enhances my enjoyment of the game & hobby aspects 1000 fold. Tell 'em I sent you & I think I get a "referral" medal.