Hi All,

My book For Those In Peril On The Sea (published by Pictish Beast Publications) is now available as a Kindle ebook and in print in the US/Internationally (it was previously only available in print in the UK). You can find more information about it below. I hope this is of interest to some of you on the HotD forum.

All the best,

Colin

Primarily set in the northern Bahamas, For Those In Peril On the Sea weaves its tale of post-apocalyptic survival into the local sub-tropical seascape and the sailing culture that can be found there. With its evocative use of real locations haunted by zombie-like infected and atmospheric depictions of the trials of life at sea drawn from the author’s own experiences, this debut novel from Colin M. Drysdale provides a new and unusual take on the traditional post-apocalyptic and zombie genres (see reviews below for more details).

Originally released by Pictish Beast Publications in the UK on the 3rd January 2013, For Those In Peril On The Sea is now available for the first time as a paperback in the US/Internationally and as a Kindle ebook. Available from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/For-Those-Peri...dp/B00BRLF8PS/) and other book sellers.

What The Official Reviewers Say:

‘... For Those in Peril on the Sea is not a mere imitator of currently popular zombie books and films. Drysdale’s novel proves different and superior in concept as well as content. The infected are unusual in ways that make them seem terrifyingly real, and the idea of the survivors being trapped offshore is an imaginative and effective twist. While some scenes in the book can be graphic and brutal, Drysdale never allows them to become gratuitous, and each disturbing moment serves a purpose in the plot. The tone of barely suppressed terror is emphasized by the author’s willingness to write as ruthlessly as his story demands: readers will quickly learn that even those who seem most deserving of survival can quite easily fall victim to the infected. ...’ ‘Five Stars (out of five).’ Foreword Clarion Reviews.

What Readers Say:

'As a long term fan of post apocalyptic fiction (The Stand, The Passage, World War Z etc.) I'm always keen to try out a new author. However, I must confess to a growing weariness with zombie fiction as it so often involves the same old stereotypes and locations - it's been done to death - no pun intended. So I was pleasantly surprised that "For Those in Peril" served up some genuinely fresh ideas. So often tales of the zombie apocalypse centre around a group of survivors trapped in some urban location trying to escape to some safe haven, quite often the ocean, and when they finally get their hands on a boat they either suffer some cruel last minute attack or sail off into the sunset. But what happens next? Well that's where this book comes in, exploring the consequences of life after the apocalypse. ...' Four Stars out of Five (Amazon review).

‘This is a quick read and fun for those into the zombie genre ... I found I couldn't put the book down and whizzed through it, while sitting on a sunny deck with a drink in my other hand. The author has obviously thought a lot about the practicalities of being stuck on a boat during a zombie infestation. ...’ Five Stars out of Five (Amazon review).

Free Preview:

Extracts from the first three chapters can be downloaded as a PDF from here: http://www.forthoseinperil.net/_file...ea_Preview.pdf.

From the back of the book:

After a six week voyage across the Atlantic, they couldn't wait to get to shore. When they got there, they found the land would never be safe again...

There was nothing to suggest it would be anything other than a routine delivery. Four people thrown together by chance, sailing a newly-built catamaran from South Africa to Miami. But while they were away, something happened, something none of them could ever have imagined. When they get back to civilisation, they find it no longer exists. The land is no longer safe. Their only option is to stay on the boat and try to survive.

Join Bill, Rob, Jon and CJ as they travel around their frightening new world. One where they must struggle against the infected that now rule the land, the elements and each other.

About The Author:

As a marine biologist, Colin M. Drysdale has spent plenty of time at sea with no land in sight but he is always glad when he finally gets back to shore. This novel is inspired by a thought that often plagues him during his voyages. What would he do if something happened while he was away and he could never go back?