Thread: Joe Weider dies.

Undisclosed

Joe Weider dies.

Undisclosed
    I did not know he was 93. Going to hit the weights harder this weekend for Mr. Weider. Did anyone ever try his protein powders in the 80's and early 90's? Powders have come a long way.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I did not know he was 93. Going to hit the weights harder this weekend for Mr. Weider. Did anyone ever try his protein powders in the 80's and early 90's? Powders have come a long way.
    Didn't start lifting until 2000, but I remember his Dynamic Weight Gainer and Muscle Builder powders being pretty good.

Administrator

England
    Nice to see someone in this area live to such a good age - The image for body building seems to be a poor one, especiall for heart condition etc. I guess mainly due to steroids screwing up peoples hearts so much!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Didn't start lifting until 2000, but I remember his Dynamic Weight Gainer and Muscle Builder powders being pretty good.
    I started to lift in '93 and had a chance to try his earlier formulas. You missed out. The vanilla version tasted like pancake batter with a hint of dried dog food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Nice to see someone in this area live to such a good age - The image for body building seems to be a poor one, especiall for heart condition etc. I guess mainly due to steroids screwing up peoples hearts so much!
    Steriod abuse will most definately cause your heart to grow to an abnormal size. It is one of the reasons a lot of prowrestlers are dropping dead. Randy Savage's heart was over-sized and so was Eddie Guerrero's.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Steriod abuse will most definately cause your heart to grow to an abnormal size. It is one of the reasons a lot of prowrestlers are dropping dead. Randy Savage's heart was over-sized and so was Eddie Guerrero's.
    I know people who are in this situation
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan